Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19 REGIONAL EDITIONS

Default TRS19 REGIONAL EDITIONS

Just received the latest N3V newsletter and saw the announcement for the new regional editions. It took but a moment to make a sacrifice to the goddess Visa and now I own a copy of the United Kingdom edition. With my gold membership I got a nice discount too.
    Thank you very much Tony and the team. This is what us Uk Trainz folk have been wanting since forever; - a version of Trainz that doesn't have routes and assets that we'll never use bundled with it.

I guess those that will buy the European and North American editions will be very much of the same opinion regarding their own favourite routes and assets.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

I've also just bought the UK edition. The ~£25 saving over the normal one was the incentive I needed to finally bite the bullet and move up to the latest version.

United States of America, Florida, WinterHaven

I just bought the U.S edition, i can't find the download, it doesn't say specifically the U.S version, it just shows trainz 19 build 100240, is this correct?
    The only thing in my trainz account is the full trainz 19 installer from my gold membership.
    Last edited by nugget2225; April 26th, 2019 at 07:44 AM.
    Windows 10 Pro 1903,Intel 8700k at 5.1ghz,gtx 1080 ti,
    32 gb ddr4 corsair 3200mhz, 480gb m.2 x2 with RD. Trainz build 100240

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Just received the latest N3V newsletter and saw the announcement for the new regional editions. It took but a moment to make a sacrifice to the goddess Visa and now I own a copy of the United Kingdom edition. With my gold membership I got a nice discount too.
    Thank you very much Tony and the team. This is what us Uk Trainz folk have been wanting since forever; - a version of Trainz that doesn't have routes and assets that we'll never use bundled with it.

I guess those that will buy the European and North American editions will be very much of the same opinion regarding their own favourite routes and assets.
    Hi KotangaGirl

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you buy the full edition of TRS19 some while ago? Is there any advantage to the UK edition over and above the full version i.e. more UK content?

I may consider the UK only edition, but may hang on a little longer to see if N3V crack a little more on price!

Rob.

As with the full version, the Regional Editions provide the "base install" which includes KSC2 and then in-game downloads for the extra routes.

If you've purchased the full edition, there is no reason to purchase the Regional Editions (unless perhaps you want to gift it to a friend).
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

i have the full version through the gold membership, i just bought the U.S Edition so i wouldn't have all the extra routes i don't want outside of north america, so how am i to install the u.s edition only?
    I have the full version for beta testing and bought the U.S version for my route building and to actually play on.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Hi KotangaGirl

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you buy the full edition of TRS19 some while ago? Is there any advantage to the UK edition over and above the full version i.e. more UK content?

I may consider the UK only edition, but may hang on a little longer to see if N3V crack a little more on price!

Rob.
    I only had the gold subscription version of TS2019 Rob. The advantage as I see it with the Uk edition is that firstly that I own it and secondly it doesn't contain acres of stuff that I don't want. And thirdly is that it is a whole lot cheaper than buying the full version. Even on my meagre invalid's pension I was able to buy it without thinking too hard about it. I also got $9.00 off the list price because I have a gold sub which was certainly a good thing.

So the only way to install a specific edition is to cancel the membership?I didn't think twice either to buy the u.s version. this should have been better explained.

You can purchase, install and run as many copies as you like. However it would be cheaper to ignore, filter out or uninstall any content you don’t want to use.
    Tony Hilliam

But there's still the question of a click tab for TS19 Uk edition (or other versions) not appearing on our My Trainz pages. The only tab that's there is the one for my gold sub version.

that's not a good enough answer, i think probably like most, when you buy a specific edition you would get an installer for your region with a splash screen that identify's the version we bought. such as Trainz 19 U.K Edition, or Trainz 19 U.S edition.i wasn't expecting the file size to be smaller, But people are gonna buy a regional edition with the same thoughts as i have had. The ones that do pay 40.00 and not gold members, you are gonna have some mad buyers.After our free month is up i am gonna drop my gold membership so everything i didn't want will just drop off. I Appreciate the reply's though. thank you.

I think a bigger problem is route building. If you have TANE deluxe and build a route someone with the standard edition may find the route includes an asset from the deluxe edition. It's not the routes that are included that are the problem it's being able to create something someone else can use.

Cheerio John

If one buys the UK version will all ones UK DLC content be installed, e.g. Settle & Carlisle, Duchess and Coronation Scot stuff?

Rob.

But there's still the question of a click tab for TS19 Uk edition (or other versions) not appearing on our My Trainz pages. The only tab that's there is the one for my gold sub version.
    Everyone gets the same base version of TRS19. Regional Editions get 2 DLC packages to install (in many parts) while the full edition gets all 6 packages. Gold Class Members have access to the full version and can choose not to install everything (or even anything extra). Currently they can also patch from 98592 to the Trainz Plus beta version, and next week (all going well) can patch from either version to Trainz Plus official release.

If one buys the UK version will all ones UK DLC content be installed, e.g. Settle & Carlisle, Duchess and Coronation Scot stuff?
    >>
    Each Regional Edition is the same "base" version of TRS19 as for the full version, so yes, all your DLC will work fine. If you moving from TANE, all the builtin routes will also be available to download and install.
    DO NOT try to import TANE builtin or payware manually as it will install but will show errors (missing textures).

Re route building
    >>
    The situation or who has what installed has been around for many years [too many I know]. The choice currently is either we give everything away or players purchase what they need (sorry, option 1 won't be happening). Players who own both TANE and TRS19 have a lot more content already than people with just TRS19. People with Platinum have bucket loads more content again. We will be introducing better ways to work out what items are available in which packs, and offering better options to replace items with other similar items.

More FAQs are answered here: https://www.trainzportal.com/news/vi...l-edition-faqs
    Tony Hilliam

I think regional editions is a pretty darned good idea, I personally am only really into American deisel powered but I am 'Merican and I spent 20 years with ( smaller ) deisels singing me to sleep
    in big rigs so I miss the sound. I have 19 on Steam and I have the Gold Class dl available but my next dissablity pay is gonna have to support the US version for my collection. I see it as another version
    I can play on another pc, a backup in case some time in the future I cant afford Gold Class anymore, and a way to further support dev's whose product has really grabbed me by the short hairs lately
    and pulled me in. On Steam right now I have 2815 games, another 100 or so on Uplay, Origin, Gog, ect. All I wanna play is Trainz the last few months so why not support them a little extra

[IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]

Clair
    Last edited by headmonkeyboy; April 26th, 2019 at 03:53 PM. Reason: No matter how herd I try, I always misspeal something
    An Equal Oppertunity Annoyer