New TRS19 Update to Build 100240

For me at least it looks like the new patched version is a route breaker and from other comments I've read it isn't kind to user created content either. I have two installs of TS2019 on my computer and after seeing what the patch did to one of them I'm certainly not going to patch the other TS2019 installation with all my custom made assets installed on it.

Need to download the missing items from the DLS, they are all there, at the correct build, presumably this is due to items being included as payware that should not have been for whatever reason, apart from that, zero problems on either of my two TRS19 installs.

We know why as it was to correct the issue with payware that should not have been. A bit more of an explanation as to what was being done and any action we needed to take would have stopped people assuming it was breaking anything as it appears certain items have been removed from DLC as never should have been included, some pofig v6 trees are now only on the DLS so need downloading for a couple of the DLC routes and here one of mine.

Here I have 3762 assets I created myself installed not one item has been affected.

So after patching I noticed that my Cairnrigg to Balessie route was showing missing dependencies. The thing is though the same route on an unpatched version of TS2019 has no dependency issues and doesn't even list any of these missing assets as a dependency. I really don't know what's going on and any help and advice would be appreciated.
Annie you need to run a database repair as nothing missing from your Cairnrigg to Balessie route here, all present and correct.

Advisable to run one after patching, additional to the automatic one that occurs after patching that invariable shows problems that don't exist.

Thank you very much Malc, - I'll give that a go. Yes it would have been nice if some kind of instructions had been included with the patch since not everyone is up with the play on what to do.

Thank you very much Malc, - I'll give that a go. Yes it would have been nice if some kind of instructions had been included with the patch since not everyone is up with the play on what to do.

I agree. Sadly this is a "given" that N3V assumes everyone knows about, I think.

The database rebuild fixed most of the missing assets except for two of them. One I found on the JointedRail.com website and the other I haven't a clue what it is or where it can be found. <kuid2:661281:85002:1>

Edit: It's Grass seasonal - payware according to the dependency list for the still functional version of my route.

Last edited:
The database rebuild fixed most of the missing assets except for two of them. One I found on the JointedRail.com website and the other I haven't a clue what it is or where it can be found. <kuid2:661281:85002:1>

<kuid2:661281:85002:1> Grass Seasonal dependency of Payware DLC <kuid2:122860:100436:27> Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC which I have installed, thought everyone should have it?

I'm not sure how or why Malc, but I've got it on one install of TS2019, but not the other.

Edit: Perhaps I should do an update of the route without the payware grass.

Last edited:
That's it, I'm moving to New Zealand. Finally got connected to our National Broadband Network and the best I can get is 10 mbs. Still, it way faster than the 0.5mbs (at best) I used to get. 1.2GB would have taken all night to download.
Mine downloaded at "53 MiBs/sec"

These two assets still show as Not Installed, Payware (not active) after update to Build 100240 and multiple extended database rebuilds. Did not have this issue before the update:

<kuid2:506034:455619:1> CN GP9 phase II (zebra)
<kuid2:506034:789800:4> SP 60Ft.9In. woodchip gondola

These two assets still show as Not Installed, Payware (not active) after update to Build 100240 and multiple extended database rebuilds. Did not have this issue before the update:

<kuid2:506034:455619:1> CN GP9 phase II (zebra)
<kuid2:506034:789800:4> SP 60Ft.9In. woodchip gondola

Odd as both fine here in 100240, maybe check you haven't any DLC showing in the game menu for download?

pdkoester -
Mine downloaded at "53 MiBs/sec"
Good one!
Seems a lot of people are confused by the abbreviations for data download rates, including N3V.

The correct symbols are typically MB/s and Mb/s or Mbit/s for Megabytes per second and Megabits per second.
The value for the MB/s unit of measurement is based on Decimal multiples of bits: 0.125 of 1 Megabyte = 1 Megabit. (Or 1 megabyte = 8 megabits).
So my (relatively slow) connection from NZ to the USA-based N3V download servers was 30 MB/s - or roughly 240 Mb/s.
As you are closer to the server, with fewer router hops, your 53 MB/s is much better (approx 424 Mb/s)

My cable broadband is currently capable of download speeds up to a measured 930 Mb/s (or 116 MB/s) under optimal conditions.
Typically I get a little more than 700 Mb/s from nearby remote servers wherever they are capable of delivering higher bandwidth and throughput.

Definitions:
What is a Megabit per second (Mbps)?

A Megabit per second is a unit used to measure data transfer rates and is based on "Decimal multiples of bits". The symbol for Megabit per second is Mbps or Mb/s or Mbit/s. There are 8 Megabits per second in a Megabyte per second.
What is a Megabyte per second (MBps)?

A Megabyte per second is a unit used to measure data transfer rates and is based on "Decimal multiples of bits". The symbol for Megabyte per second is MBps or MB/s. There are 0.125 Megabytes per second in a Megabit per second.

Naturally actual speeds vary a lot depending on the lowest speed link in the chain between your device and the remote server's loads/ balancing/ busy times/ router speeds, broadband pipe, etc.

Last edited:
jbaxter1964 - both those built-in assets are fine here too in Build 100240.
Suggest run a full database repair as the initial QDR one following patch installations doesn't always sort out problem assets as well.

Back in the dial up days we had bits per second. Good reading here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data-rate_units

I'm waiting for Google to install this;

tebibit per second Tibit/s

That will be great on Google's end, but us on the receiving end will still get the low end because our cable providers will throttle everything down anyway.

I saw 10 Mibs download the other day on my end, but I only run a 10/100 internal network and to our internet router that connects to my 2GB cable connection. The old 3Com 3300 series switch, going on 20 years old now, does a fine job for me with its managed ports and 24 of them on the single device.

I remember those days with 300 baud and slower modems. I used to also repair video terminals with 110 baud capabilities. That was painfully slow! We don't realize how good we have it even on the consumer end.

My download, install, data base rebuild and Snc downloads progressed very smoothly.
However I would like to clarify the following.
- Lots of Modified Faulty items
- Lots of Modified Faulty Dependencies items
- Lots of Modified Faulty Payware items
- Lots of Modified Missing Dependencies items
- Lots of Modified Missing Dependencies Payware items
- Lots of Modified Obsolete items
- Lots of Modified Obsolete Payware items
- Modified Payware items

Could I receive some advice regarding fixing these errors.

Which of the above can be deleted with safety?

Last edited:
After this update, the engine sound stopped working at the locomotive above 50 km/h, as if the basic sound was not (it is absolutely quiet).

My download, install, data base rebuild and Snc downloads progressed very smoothly.
However I would like to clarify the following.
- Lots of Modified Faulty items
- Lots of Modified Faulty Dependencies items
- Lots of Modified Faulty Payware items
- Lots of Modified Missing Dependencies items
- Lots of Modified Missing Dependencies Payware items
- Lots of Modified Obsolete items
- Lots of Modified Obsolete Payware items
- Modified Payware items

Could I receive some advice regarding fixing these errors.

Did you download the 3 packages? That should solve the missing dependencies.

Run a database repair manually and see if that fixes the faulty assets. Once done if there are any, right-click and view errors and warnings. This may remove the errors. Sometimes revert to original may do that as well.

You'll see a lot of obsolete assets because they were replaced by updated built-in ones instead. This is expected because these payware assets are no longer payware and have been replaced.

Thank you for your response, I have carried out all those procedures.

Did you download the 3 packages? That should solve the missing dependencies.

Run a database repair manually and see if that fixes the faulty assets. Once done if there are any, right-click and view errors and warnings. This may remove the errors. Sometimes revert to original may do that as well.

You'll see a lot of obsolete assets because they were replaced by updated built-in ones instead. This is expected because these payware assets are no longer payware and have been replaced.

Back