New TRS19 Update to Build 100240

PC_Ace

Hauling Heavy Pixels
Just downloaded and installed a new update for TRS19 when prompted which took my (non-Gold beta Plus) version to Build 100240.
This hasn't been announced on these forums yet, as far as I can see?
Ran a quick check and difficult to see what has changed, if anything.
There was, however a fairly lengthy database repair process which appeared to replace many of the recently updated assets I installed over the past week or two that have been upversioned and re-designated from Built-ins and Payware to their correct DLS origin name.
Can someone enlighten me further on what changes/ upgrades etc. have been included in this 1.2Gb patch which downloaded at about 30MB/s indicating that many people haven't discovered this patch's availability yet?

You beat me to it - but you've covered the main points. This is primarily a content status update (and a little more that will be announced real soon)...

Trainz Plus owners need not worry about missing out. Their build will be ready next week (all going to plan).

... which downloaded at about 30MB/s ...

That's it, I'm moving to New Zealand. Finally got connected to our National Broadband Network and the best I can get is 10 mbs. Still, it way faster than the 0.5mbs (at best) I used to get. 1.2GB would have taken all night to download.

Many thanks, Tony!
Appears to be running well, but has not fixed some of the 'Faulties' to built-in routes (like <kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh and assets like <kuid2:46162:90001:4> Portal_basic_HP) which were rendered faulty by those aforementioned updates during the past two weeks.
Prior to these updates I had zero items in my faulty list.

pcas1986 - Heh! Eventually the NBN will get there for most Aussies. They should have stuck to the original plan of delivering fibre to the premises, however. Too many politicians in the kitchen.
30MB/s is not particularly fast for my Gigabit connection - I get much faster speeds for certain Steam downloads and Star Citizen updates.
The 1.2Gb download only took a few seconds - most of the time involved in applying this patch was incurred in the database rebuild.

Re: Faulties like ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh and Portal_basic_HP

Neither show as faulty here. Please submit a bug report with details of the errors and related KUIDs.

Last edited:
Please submit a bug report with details of the errors and related KUIDs.
Roger that. Wilco...

Edi update: Done! Please add Build 100240 to the Bug Report Form dropdown list. Many thanks!

Last edited:
Quick download at 50Mbps, nothing faulty, however I did do a database repair and prebuild before looking.

From the newsletter

We've just released a patch via the TRS19 Stream for TRS19 owners that corrects the status of a number of payware assets, and provides the necessary framework for new customers to choose from the three new Regional Pack options (see below).

TRS19 Stream would indicate it is not for Gold subscribers, just those of us who are not.

Received 100240 ok - quick download at 55mbs through a router bought in 2004.

Unfortunately, the process started a Rebuild which is close to a one hour process on my system.
Sort of takes the fun out of getting a new goodie.

Just downloaded and installed a new update for TRS19 when prompted which took my (non-Gold beta Plus) version to Build 100240.
This hasn't been announced on these forums yet, as far as I can see?
Ran a quick check and difficult to see what has changed, if anything.

I was notified via Trainz Newsletter EMAIL list at 5:49 am this morning, EST. Strange.. I didn't see an automatic db update as most everyone is reporting.. I did one manually but it seemed "normal" in minutes to run...

Last edited:
I just did a "deep" rebuild and upon restart was offered this in Asset Download window:
simc:sc498 (part 1)
simc:sc498 (part 2)
simc:sc498 (part 3)

I downloaded and the three cdp's installed fine. CM showed 24 items installed including an update to Content Samples and Highland Limited Session.

Interesting. On an unpatched version of TS2019 my route Cainrigg to Balessie (available on the DLS) is fine. On the patched version it's throwing up missing dependencies which mostly seem to be ground textures.

My system downloaded and did the rebuild in less than an hour. Tried to open some of my routes and sessions. Everything so far is working great, except...

Looks like some Yarnish Intersections are still nuked (broken connections and the textures are way off).

This is the "Jointed Rail Contect Pack" which includes a dozen TRS19 locos/rolling stock items.

This is the "Jointed Rail Contect Pack" which includes a dozen TRS19 locos/rolling stock items.

I just discovered that myself a few minutes ago when I was missing some dependencies after the update and DBR. I forced the DLC download and started up, and my the faulty filter in Content Manager showed nothing afterwards.

On the plus-side, I also noticed that Content Manager is much faster overall. Were there database or caching improvements implemented in this update?

Thanks for the update!

First impression:
I did a quick test on my HNJ DEM route and its AI-session including
upto 15 trains. After only a few minutes testing I noticed the execution was far better better
than in former buildno 98592. Freezing locos for seconds were gone!

Anyway, I will continue my testings...….

So after patching I noticed that my Cairnrigg to Balessie route was showing missing dependencies. The thing is though the same route on an unpatched version of TS2019 has no dependency issues and doesn't even list any of these missing assets as a dependency. I really don't know what's going on and any help and advice would be appreciated.

CCyDdjn.jpg

For me at least it looks like the new patched version is a route breaker and from other comments I've read it isn't kind to user created content either. I have two installs of TS2019 on my computer and after seeing what the patch did to one of them I'm certainly not going to patch the other TS2019 installation with all my custom made assets installed on it.

Back