Lower graphics settings even more

-Basti-

Lowering graphics settings even more

Hey guys,

are there ways to lower the graphics settings even more than in Settings > Performance tab and ingame (distance rendering) possible?

At least I want to turn anti-aliasing completely off (in settings, the lowest is 2x), post-process off (lowest in settings: low) and everything that slows down the game :D

My plan is to run TRS 2019 on a dedicated root server (like 24/7), as there is no headless mode available, it currently runs okay with onboard graphics (Intel HD 4600) as host, but as it's only meant for hosting and administrating the session, the poor onboard gpu should do less work and maybe the interface react a little faster :p And maybe a second instance would become possible :cool:

So if there are some hidden settings, i'd be thankful :)

Thanks in advantage

Sebastian

Last edited:
Please try Middleton for laptops and tell be how it runs. It certainly runs TANE OK on that type of GPU.

Thanks John

Most video driver control apps allow you to turn off a-a and stuff globally, so its like an override for every game. By your clock should be a little icon for IntelHD or something named like that ( I cant remember the exact name ),
click it up on screen and see what options it offers you.

Clair

Please try Middleton for laptops and tell be how it runs. It certainly runs TANE OK on that type of GPU.
Even the large "Schwäninger Land" runs on that server, it's just the point that i don't need eye-candy there and would prefer to run a second instance running on the server (a second mp-session, maybe a EU and a US-map e.g)
Or are you interested in how it performs? Then i can try of course, when the server looses connection the next time :D (or nobody is playing)

Most video driver control apps allow you to turn off a-a and stuff globally, so its like an override for every game. By your clock should be a little icon for IntelHD or something named like that ( I cant remember the exact name ),
click it up on screen and see what options it offers you.
Right, I completely forgot the Driver settings, should work, too! I'll try as soon as possible (currently there are players :D )

When you run your PC with no internet connection (offline), and turn off un-needed process's using task manager, your performance may be better, as you PC is no being hammered by dozens of internet process's, and online hackers

Note that Post-Processing can be turned to "Off" in T:ANE, and whilst that option is denied in TRS19, you can still set it to "Manual" (and tone down the pp settings by turning them all off there).

My plan is to run TRS 2019 on a dedicated root server (like 24/7), as there is no headless mode available, it currently runs okay with onboard graphics (Intel HD 4600) as host, but as it's only meant for hosting and administrating the session, the poor onboard gpu should do less work and maybe the interface react a little faster :p And maybe a second instance would become possible :cool:
Sebastian

I read this and am trying to understand. Are you trying to run on an internet blade server?

When you run your PC with no internet connection (offline), and turn off un-needed process's using task manager, your performance may be better, as you PC is no being hammered by dozens of internet process's, and online hackers
On a server I unfortunately require an internet connection :D But i'll make sure there are no unnecessary services are running of course.

Note that Post-Processing can be turned to "Off" in T:ANE, and whilst that option is denied in TRS19, you can still set it to "Manual" (and tone down the pp settings by turning them all off there).
Can you tell me where I can find it? I guess I may have overseen both options...

I read this and am trying to understand. Are you trying to run on an internet blade server?
Yes, on a server in a datacenter.

-Basti- You'll find access to the Post Processing settings dialog via the Developer Menu, 'Show Post Processing Settings' on the Trainz Launcher for both T:ANE and TRS19.
The disappointing thing about this access is that the settings changes you make only apply only to the current Surveyor or Driver session - once completed, it reverts to defaults.

The disappointing thing about this access is that the settings changes you make only apply only to the current Surveyor or Driver session - once completed, it reverts to defaults.
At least i don't have to restart a session for that :)

I did not find the setting, because i did not enable debug options ingame, now its there :)

There's also a mode "Disabled", even easier :)

Unfortunately, when I disable Post Processing, it becomes night inside the session (at daytime)

Setting to "manual" and unchecking all possible Boxes (HDR-Tonemapping is greyed-out and checked, i guess this option is responsible for the brightness) should work, thank you

Last edited:
Because of the new lighting model and parallax features, N3V do NOT recommend disabling post processing in TRS19, whilst PP can be turned "OFF" in T:ANE.
So 'Manual' changes (to eliminate unwanted visual distortions) are to be preferred. As a fall-back, setting PP to default to 'LOW" is often quite acceptable.

Back