Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon - UMR2019

Thumbs up You hit another one out of the park with your new Route.

Quote Originally Posted by neilsmith749 View Post

This latest version includes 35 miles of new mainline trackage, two new towns, and three new commodities (Rock salt, Ethanol, and Potash). There are many general scenery updates, as well as some efficiency improvements (think squeeze-points).

All assets are on the DLS, with the two usual exceptions found at Jointedrail.com freeware section. (Weathered Container Pack, and TOFC Pack).

There is also another known issue with the signalling. For whatever reason, TRS19 and the signals I've used don't like each other too much. Most of the signals work fine, but some will not show the correct aspects. Trains should still be able to pass through them, albeit a little slower than normal in a few places.

Hope you enjoy!
    I downloaded your updated 2019 Version, and it is really nice with the adjustments for TRS-19, however, I think since I have the 2018 one, I'll keep that for a while longer too.....Great Route, they run great, and this one had one missing Asset in it. Which to me, is nothing to worry about.

These Routes are keepers, and sure appreciate all u did on the newest update.......I'm excited to try out all the new Commodities......

I looked at industries that just didn't seem to fit anymore, whether it was the decline of coal in today's market,
    Coal may be on the decline, however there are plenty of coal trains traveling through Memphis every day going somewhere. Memphis is one of only three cities in the US served by all the class I railroads, including Amtrak, so we get to see a great variety of stuff being hauled in all shapes and forms. All these railroads have major yards in Memphis including the CN.

The UMR2019 is a great route and the great challenge with it is to add lots more traffic on the line. That’s the only way the double tracking will pay off for management.

United States of America, Delaware, Dover

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRock View Post
    @hminky: I'm wondering what tracks you used as a replacement for the SAM ones. These tracks aren't the Protrack ones, aren't they?
    Here is a download for the brown track.

www.chainsawjunction.com/brown_track.cdp

To get the rail texture, place the rail.tga from the HM brown mesh library

http://www.chainsawjunction.com/image/rail.tga

to the:

<kuid2:439337:102588:1> SAP Protrack U.S. 132LB Standard Gauge Track Mesh Library

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; April 27th, 2019 at 08:09 AM.

The 2 ATLS errors are Channel 11 & 38 need to be named.
    TRS19 - 103250 - T:ANE 94812
    i7 6700K @ 4.0 ghrtz, nVidia 970
    I don't have a PhD, I have a DD214 - Freedom carries sacrifice

United States of America, Delaware, Dover

Harold

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    I've enjoyed the evolving nature of the route but I did noticed one issue. Many of the bridges are too low to allow double stacked containers, hycubes, and other oversize railcars. That ought to keep the crews busy
    That's interesting - I've always tried to keep a height level of +10 for bridges, which allows double stacks through. If you could let me know which ones I've messed up, I'll get right on fixing them. Thx

-edit - Oh boy, yeah I see what you mean. It's some of the truss-style bridges I've selected. Well, back to work....haha
    Last edited by neilsmith749; April 27th, 2019 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Bert View Post
    Coal may be on the decline, however there are plenty of coal trains traveling through Memphis every day going somewhere. Memphis is one of only three cities in the US served by all the class I railroads, including Amtrak, so we get to see a great variety of stuff being hauled in all shapes and forms. All these railroads have major yards in Memphis including the CN.

The UMR2019 is a great route and the great challenge with it is to add lots more traffic on the line. That’s the only way the double tracking will pay off for management.
    There is still lots of coal to be hauled, to both of the ports at Gladston port and Joliet, as well as the powerstation at Eccles, for anyone who wants a bit of a longer haul. Have you found the other industries that have been mothballed Paul? BTW - you may want to re-download it, as a bunch of changes have been made since you tested it out for me. Thanks again for that!

Quote Originally Posted by RJArtim View Post
    The 2 ATLS errors are Channel 11 & 38 need to be named.
    Thanks - now I just have to find them!!! lol

-edit - found and renamed. Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by neilsmith749; April 27th, 2019 at 04:28 PM.

United States of America, Maryland, Baltimore

Looks to me you could run a hundred coal trains into Joliet and not fill it up. I used to work near a coal pier in Baltimore it allways had a number of trains waiting to get unloaded, I'd says Joliet is very realistic.

Great work

That's interesting - I've always tried to keep a height level of +10 for bridges, which allows double stacks through. If you could let me know which ones I've messed up, I'll get right on fixing them. Thx

-edit - Oh boy, yeah I see what you mean. It's some of the truss-style bridges I've selected. Well, back to work....haha
    Yes, I suppose I should have been more specific, some trusses are fine and others have problems with height/width. It might be amusing to only upgrade some routes forcing oversize trains to follow specific routes.
    Dear Missouri,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    Yes, I suppose I should have been more specific, some trusses are fine and others have problems with height/width. It might be amusing to only upgrade some routes forcing oversize trains to follow specific routes.
    Got just about all of those crappy truss bridges replaced. Thanks for pointing that out! I never noticed that problem.

Got just about all of those crappy truss bridges replaced. Thanks for pointing that out! I never noticed that problem.
    I tend to notice clearance problems,

The problematic truss bridges are common on a lot of routes.
    Dear Missouri,
    With Love,
    California.

Blog Entries

I'm drooling. I was a fan of UMR18 in T:ANE. I Just reinstalled TRS19 and I am slowly getting it up and running. I can't wait to try UMR19, as soon as all this DLC downloads...

Matt
    Intel Core i7-7700K 4.20 GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 8GB Overclocked GPU
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    275 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD + 500 GB HDD

Blog Entries

Is anyone else having issues with some missing or glitchy ground textures around Milton? (pic below)

Otherwise, this is a fantastic route! It has very quickly become one of my favorites, if not my #1 favorite. Great, fantastic, amazing work.

Matt
    Last edited by epa; April 29th, 2019 at 12:54 PM.
    Intel Core i7-7700K 4.20 GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 8GB Overclocked GPU
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    275 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD + 500 GB HDD

I'm not seeing that. I scanned the area around Milton for several miles in all directions and did not see that at all. You might try identifying the texture on UMR18 and then see if you have it installed in TRS19?
    Dear Missouri,
    With Love,
    California.