K&L Eagle River Steamer

WCL

Canadian National
Anyone know how to fix the error LilB's Script Library v1.4.5.6? Says VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported....So when I went to edit the config file, to 3.5, it does not work....

Is that VE48 showing as a warning or an error? If it's a warning you can ignore it as it's information for the creator.

Shane

Setting an asset below it's current build number is not recommended due to changes with features that were not available at the lower build. It works with simple things like buildings, for example, where there is nothing different, however, scripted assets such as interactive industries, locomotives, and other complex assets, will usually fail and cause other problem later on.

What the different build number references do is determine the compatibility of an asset within a build. The lower build numbers will mean the error-reporting is a bit more forgiving of certain errors that would be otherwise reported at a higher build number. The inverse, however, is down-versioning the build from a higher number to a lower one will mean that the newer features found in a higher build number will cause errors because these newer features were never available, therefore, are seen as errors.

Being a warning, a yellow ! and not a red !, you can ignore the message. These, as Shane says, are only warnings to let the script developer know that the asset needs updating. Updating should be considered because eventually warnings do become errors as we've found out recently with the transitions from TS12 to T:ANE, and with some assets going from T:ANE to TRS2019.

They are red in the game and cant be used as it says the build number is to low, when I make it higher, I get more errors for it.

They are red in the game and cant be used as it says the build number is to low, when I make it higher, I get more errors for it.

Set it back to where it was, or better yet reinstall the original asset. Remember to submit any open for edit assets, otherwise, you're not getting the updated assets in game and will still be using the cached old ones.

If you continue to receive errors, run a database repair.

The fault is in one or more dependencies, not in the engines. You need to right-click the engines in Content Manager and select List dependencies. One or more items in that list will have an error. That's the error you need to deal with. It's possibly the same item for the engine and the tender.

\Why are these items showing as modified? If you have already tried to repair them then start by reverting to original.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is one thing I forgot to do was to revert it, now it works.....Thank you!! :)

This is what I get for both of them for the errors

The library asset has one or more missing dependencies. You need to right click that asset in COntent Manager and select List Dependencies. One or more items in that list will have errors (ir could be the same item) that's the error you need to fix. You should revert that asset to original before going any further.

Back