Suggestion regarding Animal series of content included in TRS2019

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Included in Trainz 2019 is a series of animated animals, all starting with 'Animal - '. While what I'm suggesting will take some time, I suggest that for 'Animal - Dog', <kuid2:661281:96084:1>, and 'Animal - Cat', <kuid2:661281:96081:2>, the addition of a texture library. The reason is that you currently cannot, for example, recreate a crazy cat lady's house, as all the cats will look the same, instead of each one being different. By adding a texture library to these two animals, you can have multiple dogs and cats together without having them look exactly the same. For example, with 'Animal - Cat', you can use the texture library to have multiple coat patterns, so you could have three cats together and have one cat a calico, one a tortoiseshell and one a tabby. What do you think?

I have 6 cats who love me and wife. They fight a little but no one is hurt.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Cats are the true rulers of Earth, not Man... :)
I saw a documentary, "412 Elm Street" where you house is totally infested with insects, and it showed that the Earth is totally infested with insects, and that there are more ants weight right this moment, more than the combined total weight of ALL human beings combined on the history of Earth ... so it is a bugz planet :hehe:

I have 2 Katz and 2 dawgz, and no fleas, ... and Terro® ant bait keeps sugar ants in check, being made of Borax and sugar syrup, being totally non-toxic

Katz are the ruler of all mankind ... "Look I bet you I can make them pick up my PooP ... Hee Hee" :hehe:

Last edited:
Good call re the ants, Cascade.

Which leads us on to a tangential issue - if ants perceive our day to day world around them as the wider galaxy/universe, does that mean what we see as the galaxy/universe is merely the habitat of creatures far larger and superior to us? :hehe:

Probably getting a bit too deep for a train simming forum, where did I leave my Transdem...

Which leads us on to a tangential issue - if ants perceive our day to day world around them as the wider galaxy/universe, does that mean what we see as the galaxy/universe is merely the habitat of creatures far larger and superior to us? :hehe:

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

All for the puttie texture library; but, uh... I'd be happy to see just one animated squirrel -even if w/o the tex library! :hehe: And since we're on the subject, a chipmunk too. Just love our furry friends -LOL! :D

Last edited:

Probably getting a bit too deep for a train simming forum, where did I leave my Transdem...

Probably spot on and perfect fodder for a sim forum. Remember the movie "The Thirteenth Floor"? [spoiler here] Our world is merely a simulation running in a super (Quantum??) computer from another world, which was itself just a simulation ....

To bend our Train Sim minds even further, one theory of cosmology and black holes has our entire universe as a holographic map on the event horizon of a black hole ... now I (or my hologram) need to lie down.

Probably spot on and perfect fodder for a sim forum. Remember the movie "The Thirteenth Floor"? [spoiler here] Our world is merely a simulation running in a super (Quantum??) computer from another world, which was itself just a simulation ....

To bend our Train Sim minds even further, one theory of cosmology and black holes has our entire universe as a holographic map on the event horizon of a black hole ... now I (or my hologram) need to lie down.

And if that computer is in another world that is itself is a simulation, in another computer, which is in a world that is another simulation in another computer, which is in - okay, my head hurts now.

All for the puttie texture library; but, uh... I'd be happy to see just one animated squirrel -even if w/o the tex library! :hehe: And since we're on the subject, a chipmunk too. Just love our furry friends -LOL! :D

Well, I was using the cats as an example. A texture library can be used for the same purpose on the dog, the horse, and the others, though mainly the dog and cat, as those are the two most likely animals of the bunch that'll end up on a route. Another way the texture library could be used is for the pig and piglet - to have pigs and piglets with various amounts of mud on them, which is something that they often have on them.

Last edited:
Good call re the ants, Cascade.

I have often wondered about our solar system, and all the others we have discovered. They all appear to replicate the structure of an atom. The building block of life. Is the Milky Way just another bunch of atoms of something much much bigger?

Its not often enough that a forum thread dealing with assets gets so philosophical! There should be more "off topic" meanderings like this - it helps fill the time between beta updates and new releases!

As for the solar system resembling the structure of an atom - only superficially. All the planets (in our system) orbit in the same direction and almost in the same plane. Pluto was the exception with its orbit inclined at a significant angle to that plane but look what they did to Pluto as a result! In an atom the electrons orbit in different directions and angles.

Some have speculated (warning: more deep philosophy) that our universe is actually inside a black hole that may be just one small part (e.g. an "electron") of another universe. I can feel the need for another lie down.

Back