Thread: Trainz Simulator for iOS

Cool Trainz Simulator for iOS

Will there be a new version for iOS?

Ade

Blog Entries

From memory only, I believe that Tony has announced that new versions of Trainz (don't know which recent release they will be based on - TS12, TANE but possibly not TRS19) are being prepared for Android and iOS. Release date unknown - "real soon now (TM)" is the often quoted expression.

Having just recently converted from a Windows 10 phone to an Android phone I can't say that the prospect of playing Trainz on the very small screen appeals to me. But maybe the experience would be different on a larger device such as an iOS or Android tablet.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    From memory only, I believe that Tony has announced that new versions of Trainz (don't know which recent release they will be based on - TS12, TANE but possibly not TRS19) are being prepared for Android and iOS. Release date unknown - "real soon now (TM)" is the often quoted expression.

Having just recently converted from a Windows 10 phone to an Android phone I can't say that the prospect of playing Trainz on the very small screen appeals to me. But maybe the experience would be different on a larger device such as an iOS or Android tablet.
    Many thanks.
    Ade

The new mobile version for iOS and Android is based upon TRS19 code and engine. The art/content will be somewhat different due to the lower hardware specifications for mobile devices.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for the update, looking forward to it.

I would love to test the version, i have an iPhone 7 Plus running the latest version iOS. I will also be due to upgrade to a newer iPhone in July.

Kind Regards
    Ade
    Last edited by aebrown; April 22nd, 2019 at 11:16 PM.