What routes are out there with good sessions and length?

Nathansmith12

For example the UMR is a good one, or the mega B&O route, but sadly I can't ever find cool sessions for these routes, I'd even do payware if the routes were actually long enough or used modern traction, I can't do the P&B because it's a little too in the past for me, I'm still yet to find a nice long american route, that uses mainly newer locomotives or at a push sd40-2's. I'd love to find one on the south east coast, GA or FL perhaps, the A line kinda thing. I have a huge love for SD60 macs and SD70's, I just can't find the sessions when I do find a nice route! I'm not too good at creating my own hence why I'd rather find them somewhere plus, some people are more creative than me when it comes to making consists etc. I guess anywhere from tane to trs19 is good, but is there one of those secret little sites that holds something like I'm looking for? Thanks.

For example the UMR is a good one, or the mega B&O route, but sadly I can't ever find cool sessions for these routes, I'd even do payware if the routes were actually long enough or used modern traction, I can't do the P&B because it's a little too in the past for me, I'm still yet to find a nice long american route, that uses mainly newer locomotives or at a push sd40-2's. I'd love gimp freejobalert to find one on the south east coast, GA or FL perhaps, the A line kinda thing. I have a huge love for SD60 macs and SD70's, I just can't find the sessions when I do find a nice route! I'm not too good at creating my own hence why I'd rather find them somewhere plus, some people are more creative than me when it comes to making consists etc. I guess anywhere from tane to trs19 is good, but is there one of those secret little sites that holds something like I'm looking for? Thanks.
I also need some help with this. Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Shane

Last edited:
Jointed Rail's Legends of the BNSF is a fairly 'long' route with some long freight running possibilities. If you get it directly from Jointed Rail, and not through N3V, you can edit the route and expand it. I have done that with versions 1 and 2 plus their Eagle River and created a nice little slice of Idaho into Washington state type of route by merging the three routes together.

The smaller Eagle River has quite a few possibilities as well. It may appear short distance wise, but the scenery and the operation possibilities make up for it.

2018-12-15 224708.jpg 2019-01-01 231937.jpg 2019-02-09 011945.jpg

The Canadian Pacific Railway’s Mountain Subdivision in the Rocky Mountains is available for T:ANE in both an 1887 version (http://doug56.net/CPRMS1887Route/route.html) and a 2010 version (http://doug56.net/MBC2010/route.html). The route is 150 miles long.

The version circa 1887 is two years after its completion in 1885. It features the Big Hill east of the Kicking Horse Pass with a 4.5% grade that was eventually replaced by the Spiral Tunnels with a 2.5% grade. It also features the many wooden trestles in the Beaver River valley leading to Rogers Pass, some of which were the largest wooden structure in the world at the time. It also features the 31 snow sheds that were originally required in the Rogers Pass to avoid avalanches.

The version circa 2010 features the Spiral Tunnels, and the Connaught and Macdonald Tunnels under Rogers Pass. The Canadian Pacific Railway runs mostly unit trains over the route today including grain, potash, container, lumber, coal and more recently petroleum. The large marshalling yard at Golden accommodates coal coming up from the south-eastern part of the province heading west to the Tswwassen Terminal at Vancouver (don’t you just love those aboriginal names). Turn around time from golden is 54 hours.

There are some sessions including flights over the route to show its beauty.

I would be interested to know if anyone has created versions for TRS19. This is the route traversed by the Rocky Mountaineer. Unfortunately, the Trainz version only works in TRS19.

Cayden

Back