What's your favorite Office Car Special?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Every Class 1 railroad in America and Canada has a fleet of passenger cars that are used for various business purposes. However, whenever they're out on the mainline, they're often called Office Car Specials, or OCS. These are usually pulled by 'Executive Units', usually rebuilt EMD F or E units. My personal favorite Office Car Special is Norfolk Southern's. I like how they pay homage to the Southern side of the family with the 'Tuxedo' painted F units and the Norfolk and Western side of the family with the maroon painted cars. Now only one bit of criticism: The only thing that would make it better is to paint the F units 'Crescent' colors, like heritage unit 8099. I've provided a video showing this beauty heading towards to the Masters Golf Tournament in Augusta, Georgia. CSX and BNSF's OCS also attend the Masters also. So, what is your favorite Office Car Special?
Note: Honorable mention to Kansas City Southern's 'Southern Belle' painted F units.

I've seen both the CSX and NS Office Car Specials, but my favorite would have to be the Norfolk Southern one. Not only do I like the "F" units, I had a chance to really photograph them in Cresson, PA. They had stopped for a signal and I ran down the road with my camera as fast as I could to get some shots. Turns out I didn't have to run, because they were stopped there for about 10 minutes. I took pictures from every angle I could legally get them from! Here's my personal favorite:

2hi44d4.jpg

Andrew

Back