Killing Visible Switch Indicators And Padlocks

Vern

Trainz Maverick
Currently testing my model route and it is most irritating to watch/follow trains with the point direction indicators and padlocks fully visible.

There must be a way to turn these off or at least minimise but I can't see or remember it and searching the forum isn't helping. I've ticked limit contextual information in Surveyor but that doesn't carry through to Driver.

Any suggestions, please?

In TANE you can limit display of these to show only when the junction is accessed by the user or AI by pressing <CTRL>H, but it is impossible to completely turn them off (which is, needless to say, a real realism killer). I don't have TS2019 so if that's what your currently using someone else will have to step in here.

--Lamont

59SoRFB.jpg

No more big fat fuzzy train direction, and big fat fuzzy Red/Green switch machine arrows

RED switch machine arrows are just completely ludicrous, as why would you need to know the direction that you ARE NOT going to go to ?

And No more confounded blinding yellow cursor :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks Lamont, I'll tr y that in TRS2019, see if it works.

After Ctrl H, I just shove the cursor out of the way, top right seems best and use keyboard controls.

@ Cascade You can get rid of the yellow compass in TANE and TRS19 without hacking anything, just untick it in settings.

You can turn off the junction arrows by default at session level if you untick "show onscreen help" in the quickdrive settings.

You can turn off the junction arrows by default at session level if you untick "show onscreen help" in the quickdrive settings.

Yes, that works for switching off all the junction arrows in Driver but when the AI is setting and resetting the switches you will still get a brief "flash" of the red/green arrows. While it does show you that "things are happening", it does ruin the effect particularly if you are making a video.

This has been covered so many times...

Unticking "show onscreen help" will prevent the junction arrows from displaying continuously. They will still flash every time the junction is accessed (by AI, including EITs, or by a driver). At night this absolutely ruins the experience of sitting trackside at a junction--especially one with a lot of turnouts--as those ghastly huge red and green arrows flash in midair like some kind of supernatural apparitions.

--Lamont

Back