Kuji Rail sim release date Friday 5th October 2007

Not sure if this thread could have been posted anywere else????

Would be real suprised if the system specs needed would be any lower than this

Processor: Intel P4 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 2400+

RAM: Windows XP SP2 (512MB), WIndows Vista (512MB)
Video Card: 128 MB 3D Graphics card (Nividia 7xxx or above) with Vertex and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability

Drive: CD-ROM drive

Community would have made more sense, seeing as this is a thread about a simulator and not a prototype :D

As for the specs, those are the ones quoted on wikipedia and I'd love to know who made them up. 512Mb of RAM is the minimum required for Vista Home Basic (other versions require 1Gb) so there is no way you're going to get even half-acceptable performance out of KRS by running it on a Vista system with only 512Mb of RAM and a 128Mb graphics card. An XP system with the same specs is likely to get slightly better performance, but not by much I'd imagine.

Depends what you watch that movie with. In Windows Media Player it is all pixelated

In my opinion Kuju poo's all over TRS and MSTS in EVERY aspect.
Sounds, Graphics, EVERYTHING.

I suppose it comes down to personnel opinion.

Tom
________
og kush marijuana strain

Last edited:
I think that people need to wait...

But there are one more game to play, and see wath´s up with new things.

Right Now my objective is prepare the models that i make to realease and make a choise when playing and what playing

Alberto Glad to see you.
Talk to you later in Ibertrainz.
Need some lateral fotos of "Renfe Vagones Verdes de portas deslizantes"

This night reinstall 3d studio and Gmax
:udrool: :udrool: :udrool: :wave:

I'll be getting KRS - hopefully it'll have the session structure as per MSTS but the simplicity of setting up routes and consists ala Trainz. If it's not great, well there is always MSTS-X and when (if) a UK based 'Trainz Classics' shows up (by which time hopefully Auran will have scrapped this 'Jet' engine and found something infinitely more modern! :hehe: :cool: )

Finally we´re having a new sim.

Could happen that Auran learn from this and stop re-editing first Trainz?

In my opinion the chance to improve was 2006... now it seems to be late for Trainz. Jet engine was already old two years ago, there is no sense on keep working with it.

Divi.

Finally we´re having a new sim.

Could happen that Auran learn from this and stop re-editing first Trainz?

In my opinion the chance to improve was 2006... now it seems to be late for Trainz. Jet engine was already old two years ago, there is no sense on keep working with it.

Divi.

For something as complicated as a Trains simulator there is a lot to be said for evolution and refining what we have. Three fairly simple things could keep Trainz near the leading edge, first drivers for a current version of 3D MAX, second recompile the program so it can make use of 4 gigs of memory if run under 64 bit XP or Vista, third recompile to make use of Direct X 10. The third needs a stable version of directX 10 under Vista so wait until Microsoft sorts out Vista's graphics, the second shouldn't be difficult nor expensive, the first isn't impossible.

Cheerio John

For something as complicated as a Trains simulator there is a lot to be said for evolution and refining what we have. Three fairly simple things could keep Trainz near the leading edge, first drivers for a current version of 3D MAX, second recompile the program so it can make use of 4 gigs of memory if run under 64 bit XP or Vista, third recompile to make use of Direct X 10. The third needs a stable version of directX 10 under Vista so wait until Microsoft sorts out Vista's graphics, the second shouldn't be difficult nor expensive, the first isn't impossible.

Cheerio John

You forgot improvements for Ati graphics card users.

It´s a pity that I run games such Armed Assault or Oblvion with all graphics options set to high and I can´t have more than 10fps in certain areas of 2006 built-in routes.

Anyways, there´s not even need to reach dx10, even in dx9 would be having better look, but after so many years, I think it needs more a complete re-design for all modes than what´s been made for TC (just colors have changed...).

Cheers.
Divi.

TRS will ALWAYS be the leader, altough EA has much more money to throw at their sim, and its the old adage 'not invented here' will win many UK customers, I feel that Aurans main advantage is their experience, and mainly the VAST content on the DLS (which is proprietary).

The DLS makes this product way (light years) ahead of any competition.

KUJU, whilst they have a few very good looking locos running, it is just that, they have a few. I know several fellow creators have gone over to the dark side, as their skills are probably better appreciated by EA and their team.

It will all come down to the Darwin theory, survival of the fittest. EA have advantages, so does Auran as does MS, maybe a 'global' simulator using the leading facets of the 3 sims will ensue ??

A merger of like minds may ensue in the not too distant future, as this is a business to all of them, some need it more than others of course.

My 2c worth of course, but watch the horizon closely !!!

Snipped....
(1) TRS will ALWAYS be the leader, - - -
(2) The DLS makes this product way (light years) ahead of any competition. - - -
(3) My 2c worth of course, but watch the horizon closely !!!

barn700,
I have severly snipped your post, but you and others can drop back and see what I deleted. I tried to keep what you stated and what I only wanted to reply to in context. I hope I have not cut too much ??
1- Only if they step up will they prevail, which in my opinion ain't happenin' ?
2- The free content is only due to the creators who upload it, these download platforms can be recreated at any time by any good sim producer by simply creating the means and asking creators to contribute to their site ?
3- I realize these are your thoughts (they caught my attention), and I simply wanted to add mine !
Let us watch the horizon closely and hopefully the competition will force better sims from all companies in the trains catagory ?

My thoughts ---DLR

Point 2.

To do a copy of the DLS would be an infringment of the 'look and feel' of Aurans DLS, and I think (well I know) that some talented guys in Aussieland will take someone to court !!

The tens of thousands of years of man/woman time that has gone into the DLS content would be very difficult to reproduce, if not impossible. If people were paid just $1 per hour, it work out at billions of dollars, way beyond any other sim group methinks.

Only if a site was arranged in the same way and in roughly the same colour scheme as the DLS would it infringe upon it's "look and feel". If the simple concept of a download database was an infringement of the "look and feel" of another then it could be said that Auran have infringed upon the look and feel of a pretty large number of sites, for example the train-sim.com download database, which has also has files and a search facility and was up and running months before the DLS.

Kuju have already said they will not be hosting a download facility, however that does not stop similar sites from emerging. Look at uktrainsim.com for example, where the vast majority (probably 95%) of the files hosted are UK content. That's currently got 9658 files available for download, whilst train-sim.com has 19157 files in total. That's already over a third of what the DLS currently has, just across two independant websites. Both of them operate in the same way, in that you can access the downloads for free or pay a small premium for faster access (and both feature reliability that puts the DLS to shame).

The DLS is a great feature, I agree, but it is not something reserved to TRS and neither is its customer base. On other sites, I'm the first to defend Trainz when people blurt out common misconceptions about it, but with KRS around the corner and MS having just told us they're about to announce a bunch of new details on their new sim, we're going to have a lot of choice. If Auran don't pull their finger out to provide something with new features, new sounds and new graphics then the availability of two new simulators which do provide this isn't suddenly going to make people want to go and buy Trainz Classics.

Just my 2p :)

barn700,

My thoughts were not to copy the Auran DLS, but that creators would/could simply upload to another sim's site . Yes, it would take time, but eventually it would be as populated as Trainz, and surely better organized !
I am certain that a creator can at this point in time, upload his/her content to the Auran DLS and also to any other site, (e.g. TPR download depot), they choose, without legalities.
As you stated, let's see what happens ?

---DLR

Last edited:
Point 2.

To do a copy of the DLS would be an infringment of the 'look and feel' of Aurans DLS, and I think (well I know) that some talented guys in Aussieland will take someone to court !!

There's no such thing as a copyright on "look and feel". Apple tried to sue on those grounds and lost miserably.

The tens of thousands of years of man/woman time that has gone into the DLS content would be very difficult to reproduce, if not impossible. If people were paid just $1 per hour, it work out at billions of dollars, way beyond any other sim group methinks.

I still have all the models of everything I've ever made for the download station, and I imagine it all could be converted to work with Kuju's program in a matter of days. The hard work is already done, just re-exporting and re-configuration is needed. Kuju could have a large amount of 3rd party content in a relatively short time. Combine that with a modern graphics engine, and Trainz either has to improve, or die.

....and Trainz either has to improve, or die.
This stuff has been around since KUJU first announced it's sim long ago....it holds the same validity as those who prophesied the death of MSTS when MS pulled the plug..;) Trainz will live on even if Auran decides it is no longer feasible to support it....:cool:

Like most creators out there if Kuju suddenly poped up with a Gmax exporter I would be tempted to have a look at what my toys look like but I wont spend $$$ and start my models all over again i think I will go to the PUB ! and make a fool out of myself! :hehe:

Last edited:
If KRS has an apparent weakness, it does appear to be content management. No definite information has been released (as yet), and the potential for repositories to be as confusing as the DLS, if not more so, seems very high. I also wonder if KRS will be as flexible and as easy to use as Trainz.

All speculation at the moment of course. :)

I still have all the models of everything I've ever made for the download station, and I imagine it all could be converted to work with Kuju's program in a matter of days. The hard work is already done, just re-exporting and re-configuration is needed.
I don't believe there is to be a Gmax exporter for KRS. That may have a bearing on how much potential content there is available.

Mike.

I don't believe there is to be a Gmax exporter for KRS. That may have a bearing on how much potential content there is available.
Mike.

I think so. GMAX is a cut back version of old software, and I believe I have read on the UKTS forums that it will not be supported. Even though I not got to grips with it yet myself, I'd much rather see an exporter for blender than for GMAX.

Whatever happens, I think it should still be possible to import models from GMAX into most other 3d modellers, so previous models should not become lost.

Back