Ball Signals on the DLS

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Does anyone know of any ball signals on the DLS other than slugsmasher's ball signal? Reason why I ask for a ball signal other than slugsmasher's is that his was made for 2-foot narrow gauge railroads and I need one for a standard gauge route I'm working on getting all the parts for before actually starting work on. Ball signals were one of the earliest forms of signaling in the U.S., and one still survives today in Whitefield, New Hampshire. Here's a link to a picture of said ball signal to give you an idea what I'm looking for:
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/670219/

Yes, the ball signals were one of the first mechanical signs of the railways.
Maybe you can use this one that is operational.

username "kosove navestidlo"
author "rubik"
organization "Rubikova gar "
contact-email "rubik.manasoft@seznam.cz"
contact-website "www.trainz.rubikovo.name"
<kuid: 143693: 24001>

regards

ball.jpg

What I've done for my routes is this

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I changed the "trackside 1.8" to "trackside 3.5" on slugsmasher's signal which gives enough space for Standard Gauge rolling stock.

If you want this on the DLS you'll need to contact slugsmasher, expect some delay as he is a very busy guy but he has always answered me... eventually. :D

@normhart,

I'm not sure if this is the one you used, but there is a signal that looks like yours, from Slugsmasher, on the DLS, tiltled '2foot_highball' <kuid:86661:24204>. Is this the one you used?

Bob Morrison

@normhart,

I'm not sure if this is the one you used, but there is a signal that looks like yours, from Slugsmasher, on the DLS, tiltled '2foot_highball' <kuid:86661:24204>. Is this the one you used?

Bob Morrison

Yup, the fourth or fifth line down in the config.txt is the "trackside" entry. What I did is clone the 2ft_highball, changed the trackside entry, renamed it SG_highball and saved it. Seemed to work fine in TANE I have not looked at it in TRS19.

The pic does not show it properly placed, I wanted that angle to show the side clearance. It should be on the right, of course. BTW in my opinion the height looks good for older standard gauge locomotives. 3.5 might be a bit too far from the tracks I just grabbed that distance since it is more or less standard for modern SG signals.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Back