Hawkesbury River, NSW: Route WIP

scratchy

Strayan
Hi all,

After some success with my Coal Country and Eagle River routes for TANE. I'm at a stage now where I'm happy to share my latest work in progress with the assistance of the great team at australiantrainzdivision.com

The Main North Central Coast Line runs between Sydney & Newcastle in New South Wales, Australia and hosts everything from interstate freight and passenger, coal, grain and suburban trains. My route will be looking at around 45km of this double track, electrified line between the suburbs of Gosford and Hornsby. Personally I think this is an awesome location to recreate in Trainz, it has all the aspects I look for, scenery, gradients, high and low speeds, stations etc...

As this route gets closer to completion (and I really hope release!), I'm keen to share with you my progress and any tips I learn along the way. Feedback and queries are welcome too.
SQbd5hX

scratchy_5cb32d08a8097.JPG

SQbd5hX

Cheers Rich

Last edited:
A fictional SSR VL class loco heads south from Gosford to meet the Hawkesbury River. Around half the route is through remote riverside bush, and half being through the urban fringe.

scratchy_5cb32e0a424ce.jpg

scratchy_5cb32e168ec84.jpg

scratchy_5cb32e28070b1.jpg

Scratchy,
This work in progress looks very nice. I've enjoyed your other routes and this looks to be a worthy addition.

I enjoyed the video you posted as well. It almost looks like the lash-up for power consists of whatever engines happen to be close by in the yard at the time of the train's departure. Just grab a few and couple them up, haha. The collection of motive power seems to be incredibly diverse. Some of those babies look to be in rather rough shape, but they were all roaring away. Your locos in the screen shots look brand new, by comparison.

The curve and gradient diagram was very interesting to follow. I look forward to your further progress.

Heinrich505

Thanks Henrich505, yes pretty much a moving scrapyard of motive power! You're more or less right, that particular company bought a load of old locos and thrashed them up the 2.6% grade.

Berowra
scratchy_5cb343a240552.jpg

Cowan
scratchy_5cb343b09d7e2.jpg

scratchy_5cb343c93819e.jpg

Hawkesbury River
scratchy_5cb343d66ee44.jpg

scratchy_5cb343efe3133.jpg

Wondabyne - The only station in the state with no road access!
scratchy_5cb34401d4636.jpg

Woy Woy
scratchy_5cb3440d1f9a1.jpg

Tascott
scratchy_5cb34419b5fd2.jpg

Still lots to do!!

Wonderful screenshots of your progress so far, and I loved the video.

This is a great area to build a route from with so many sections of track that have its own distinct attractions.

i look forward to seeing much more of your work.

Good luck with it mate.

Cheers, Roy

Great work Scratchy.
I have travelled this section of track too many times to count and it looks and feels about right.
I for one, can hardly wait for its final release.
Keep up the great work.

Regards,
Warren

Hi Rich :),

It looks great, and I can't wait to try an Australian layout. Hopefully it will be for T:ANE too, otherwise I'm out :(.

Best regards Claus

Back