FREE MONTH Gold Class Members News letter

kmver

From the news letter i got today. My membership was to expire 4/14 so i went and canceled it 2 days ago and paid for 2019. Wish i had known this and had another month to play around with it more. Yes i'am a senior so you try to budget the best you can. I have a 6month fct so the ? is any thing like a add on routes or something else so i dont kick myself in the &ss.:'(

I stay a gold member to support the developer. 15 bucks is not that much money these days, you can't even get a deluxe large pizza for 15 bucks. i don't understand why more people don't use the gold membership option anyway.i am sure more will pop up down the road for gold members, just the discount is worth that to me alone by itself.I am on disability for back trouble and many other reasons, and still 15 bucks is not that much.for smokers thats about 2 packs of cigarettes a day.

Wow, here is Australia, ciggies are ~USD$25 a pack (never been a smoker, and at that price, I'm glad!)
Winfield Original 25's$32.95
kmver - it's your lucky day, you now have another month of your sub so you can use all that DLC and your 25% discount code :)

I'm very grateful for the free month. I too am a pensioner after being placed rather suddenly on disability back in 2012. It's rude awakening and the worst thing is expenses continue to exist and go up while the income has gone down to less than 25% of what I was making before that.

The $15.00 a month is an affordable level. That's $6.00 a day, which is a less than a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee and a donut these days.

I don't understand how people can claim they're broke, but still have enough for beer and butts. Scratches head...

Last edited:
Yes indeed the free month was a pleasant surprise to see. I'm retired due to disabilities as well, $1200 a month SSI doesn't go far with bills, kids, smokes ( I get a carton of Traffic
Ultra Lights 100's for $42 here ) but I can afford the $15 a month to support the Trainz team and get extra stuff. It sure is a far cry from my trucker wages when I was working
100+ hours a week, yes I was a little illegal in my logs, but I used to take home $1400 a week. Oh well, I didn't have time to enjoy games then like I do now.

Anyhow, super cool move there Tony!

And John, I always have enough for smokes and one bottle of Absinthe now and then...lol

Clair

Yes the free extra month was a nice surprise since I'm an invalid beneficiary and I have to be careful with my budget. Since I'm largely bedridden and housebound Trainz in some form or another is what I do all day so for me the gold sub is cheap entertainment.

It sure is a far cry from my trucker wages when I was working 100+ hours a week, yes I was a little illegal in my logs, but I used to take home $1400 a week. Oh well, I didn't have time to enjoy games then like I do now. Clair

Clair; I'm pleased that you survived the long weekly hours truck driving. It must have been very trying & tiring. I certainly couldn't do those sorts of hours, week in, week out, in any sort of job.

Gosh!!!, if you got caught doing 100+ hours a week truck driving down-under, in Kiwiland, your'd be give a fair trail, then you'd be hung up by your you know whats. Here; Maximum 14 hour days, (that have to have two compulsory half hour breaks (after 5.5 hours & 11 hours), then a (10 hours rest between shifts) Maximum, either five by 14 hour shifts or 70 hours maximum, within a week, which ever comes first, then you have to take a 24 hour break. Then you start the cycle over again.

Because of the number of truck accidents, over the years in NZ, our traffic police have really toughened up on truck drivers with regards to their log books, especially the hour they work each day. Big fines & in extreme cases, loss off licence... Trucking companies also face massive fines & possible loss of there "operating licence" if it's proven that they encouraged there drivers to go over there hours...

The penalties still don't discourage some truckles (especially owner drivers) from having two log books, or breaking the rules. Truck accidents in New Zealand have democratically reduced over the last couple of decades, since the new tighter truck driving rules came into play. For the most part, it's no longer "the wild west"!!!

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Dude - $15.00 a month works out at just 50 cents a day doesn't it?
Not much at all when you consider how much entertainment this simulator provides!
An even better equation, for my money, is the cost per day of the one-off licence purchase price of US$70. Breakeven is at 4.7 months and after that the fraction gets better every day!

Last edited:
Just like many of us, the main reason for me to be a Gold member is to support Tony and his team, nowadays it is not easy to maintain a business with a small team, expescially considering the work they do and keep coming with improvements and all. Besides, TRS19 is, compared to other train sims, simply the best available, especially when I look at Surveyor. And if I can support them -and- get DLC's as an addition every month, and early updates, why not? As mentioned in this thread...( even though many of us, including me, don't have wads of money on a shelf somewhere in the attic ) it's not really a big thing. I stopped a subscription on an online game ( which is roughly the same money each month ) to have the Gold Member package. I am one happy Trainzer.

Ron

Wow, here is Australia, ciggies are ~USD$25 a pack (never been a smoker, and at that price, I'm glad!)
Winfield Original 25's$32.95
kmver - it's your lucky day, you now have another month of your sub so you can use all that DLC and your 25% discount code :)

Thank You:D I just took a look and it says

RENEWAL: Sunday 14th of April 2019 08:09:35 PM / USD$14.99
PAYMENT TYPE: PayPal

So will i be charged on april 14 ?

Last edited:
Well it seems that we have a lot (relatively speaking) of "happy Gold subscription campers" here. Quite a change from the "anti-subscription" posts that have plagued this forum since OPTIONAL subscriptions were first announced. I can understand why not everyone wants a subscription model regardless of the colour, but I could never understand why some posters want to stop everyone else from having the choice.

For the record, I have the Mud subscription - outright purchase with whatever DLC I want to buy when I want it and I just don't have the time to play with the "Gold Plus" new features - but I wish the best for those who have the Gold or Silver in their Trainz collection.

I am a Gold member primarily to support the team - not so much for the extra content. I have been retired now for 20 years. TRAINZ keeps me busy and occupied for many hours, especially on rainy days.

Back