Laptop spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisodapz

Would this laptop spec:
Alienware M14x R2 i7 2.40GHz 12.0GB RAM 512GB HDD 60GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GT650M

be able to run TANE

thx

Assuming it has 2Gb of video memory it likely would but I think you will be very disappointed with the results as T:ANE needs much better graphics than the GT650M can offer. Peter

A reasonable GPU would be 9,000 or better. https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php This one is 1,232. For comparison Intel UHD 630 comes out at 1,122. 8th generation desktop Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 processors have the UHD 630 GPU. You don't really need the i7 an i5 is normally considered enough. Middleton for laptops chooses its content very carefully but will run on Intel series 4000 or better. It was designed for an i5 but apparently runs quite happily on an i3. So the suggestion would be buy a normal laptop from Dell with an 8 th generation CPU which will give you practically the same performance perhaps with an SSD or buy something with a GTX 1050 TI or an RTX 260 Dell gaming series or a GTX 1060 in the Alien line. Depends on your taste and wallet. TANE will normally need to be plugged in and gaming laptops fan noise can be noisy. Desktops are cheaper and give better performance. Cheerio John

A GT650M is at the bottom end of useable on lowest settings, seem a very low card for Alienware to use even on an oldish laptop, presume this is second hand? what sort of cost is it? May find you can get something newer that will work better for a similar price, from a quick look, Alienware second hand prices look to be rather high for that model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back