Trainz Plus Beta 100134 (Mac) and 1000136 (PC)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Updates include fixes for:
- various translations
- Chase camera not resetting to prev position on tunnel exit
- Pasting Object Property names appends existing text
- Ctrl-r-click on object moves camera
- CTRL+F2 to init QuickDrive not working
- various under the hood updates

Not fixed in this build:
- Laying track across baseboard edge creates "dead zone"
- Save Game shows camera mode warning message

I uploaded the patch, I now get "GSOAsset> Asset was destroyed before clean shutdown" then 15 other messages, pic linked below.
https://imgur.com/pDXtNEv

Also I created my own session on the Bellevue Yard months ago to look at new assets and drive them around, for some reason some tracks won't let me add cars or locos now, I get the warning beep like its telling me there's something there already. but everything else is normal, signals work fine, everything drives normal, still get the camera warning.

I have the same problem with adding rolling stock. I discovered if you add a few spline points to the track it wakes up and you can place the cars or engines. I discovered this while adding signals. Long stretches of track that cross the boards need to be broken up.

Good luck.

As far as i am concerned, laying track and wanting to put spline points in should be at the top of the list, along with trackside items, signs, signals ect....
Track is the heart of the sim. I hope it's fixed soon. Has anyone tested portals yet? I am just now sitting down to test for the next 6-10 hours.I will report back.

i have also noticed, you can not adjust the FOV in driver, with Ctrl + scroll anymore, i know alot of people use this. and TRC no longer works.

Last edited:
100136: I can confirm the chase camera resets properly when exiting a tunnel.

Yes, the track issues should be the highest priority. Adding spline points is difficult -- get the "error beep" like when a train is on that section of track, but really isn't. Moving trains from one track to another is also problematic, like adding splines and deleting track (I suspect these problems are all related.

Frame rate is confusing. On a large route with lots of objects (trees, bushes, etc.) I'm getting between 30 - 55 FPS. However, in some places it goes down to 7 - 10 FPS and I don't see anything suspect, though I suspect certain scenery/lighting/shadows/etc. are to blame. However, the FPS goes way down to around 8 when I enter a tunnel! Seems that's about the least amount of resource loading on my route. My GPU and CPU temperatures and confirm this.

Portals are still broken.

The performance was better in the previous build, but this test ran for about 90 minutes before I quit because it was dinner time. The prior build only got about 20 minutes before I had issues.

Portals are a content issue (strangely the issue has been around for ever, but something to do with the timing has brought it to light). We'll be releasing updates to the content.

Track issue and save game issue are already fixed in our build, but we test things internally before releasing them to the external testers, so you're a few day behind us.

I get the warning beep like its telling me there's something there already.
>>
Do you have any missing content? Perhaps something is in a different layer?

TRC no longer works.
>> Please provide more detail

Ctrl-mousewheel to change FOV
>> Thanks for the report - QA investigating

The performance was better in the previous build
>>
In theory we made no changes that would affect performance (for this build or the previous one). The current suspect for variable performance is graphics card drivers, whereby sometimes they drive your GPU at 100% and at other times they "get lazy" and the GPU is not driven at maximum efficiency.
We have a task to investigate this further.

Regarding the question "I get the warning beep like its telling me there's something there already >> Do you have any missing content? Perhaps something is in a different layer?"

Ever since the Mac/PC updates started recently after the original Beta TS19 upload, I have not downloaded any new content, again everything was working fine until the 100 patches were uploaded,
ever since then I get the beep, also I agree with Jfike about Moving trains from one track to another, very problematic.

I don't have the gold membership but I did have a graphics driver issue on one of my 2 PCs with build 98592.
The Nvidea driver last issued was at fault, my 1660Ti was giving low frame rates, I removed the driver and did a new fresh install and the issue went away.
Yet my other machine with a 1070Ti was not affected.
No wonder you are puzzled by some events when a fault is not consistant in all PCs.

It seems like with each new build something gets fixed, but performance gets worse, i start with 60-80fps in surveyor and within 30 minutes i go down to 15fps and it's unplayable. on top of all the problems, windows 10 build 1903 is considered complete and will be pushed out to the public the first week of may.i am not a beta tester for windows 10, but i updated to windows 10 build 1903 from 1803, performance is the same between both builds. because it's feature complete the only thing coming is hot fixes. back to just trainz performance, i have wiped my nvidia drivers and still had no change in performance. i won't upgrade from my 1080ti because it carries the same performance as the rtx 2080 and i have 11gb of vram vs the 8gb.the lower rtx cards have even less vram and i can max my 11gb of vram out with x-plane 11.

TRC scripts seem to not be working at all, all previous crossing gates I set up and were working in the regular ts19 build and now are not on the trainz plus builds. And the deadzone at intersecting baseboards is a problem for me too. And imo should be a priority on fixing

"I get the warning beep like its telling me there's something there already."
It's like adding splines and deleting track -- it's seems random -- some places it works, others it doesn't (even with no junctions -- just a circular track.)

Tony said:
The performance was better in the previous build
>>
In theory we made no changes that would affect performance (for this build or the previous one). The current suspect for variable performance is graphics card drivers, whereby sometimes they drive your GPU at 100% and at other times they "get lazy" and the GPU is not driven at maximum efficiency.

Nothing has changed between the route being tested, the machine, and video drivers.

The previous version was smoother, but this version has micro-stutters. Could these be caused by other underlying updates done?

The current suspect for variable performance is graphics card drivers, whereby sometimes they drive your GPU at 100% and at other times they "get lazy" and the GPU is not driven at maximum efficiency.

Some code changes are more likely than others to change performance (such as when we were working on eliminating the HUD stutter reported earlier on). At this point we're mainly fixing things that are less likely to affect performance, such as adjusting how a certain key combo behaves.

Last edited:
It seems like with each new build something gets fixed, but performance gets worse, i start with 60-80fps in surveyor and within 30 minutes i go down to 15fps and it's unplayable. on top of all the problems, windows 10 build 1903 is considered complete and will be pushed out to the public the first week of may.i am not a beta tester for windows 10, but i updated to windows 10 build 1903 from 1803, performance is the same between both builds. because it's feature complete the only thing coming is hot fixes. back to just trainz performance, i have wiped my nvidia drivers and still had no change in performance. i won't upgrade from my 1080ti because it carries the same performance as the rtx 2080 and i have 11gb of vram vs the 8gb.the lower rtx cards have even less vram and i can max my 11gb of vram out with x-plane 11.

Hi,

Same problem. Set roaming camera - start session = 40 fps - nothing changes on the scene and in after 2 hours there is only 18 fps. Save session, reload session and is 40 fps again.
Strange.
also have to remove 50% of speedtrees to unvisible layer to get the same frame rate as before. Speed trees kills framerate - not so before.

Kind Regards
Darko

Default Pick List works as expected in both CM and in Surveyor.
Custom Pick Lists using names Rolling Stock and Passenger created but do not display in drop down menu CM picklist nor in Surveyor Search list.

i was hoping on another build for the weekend, i have so much free time on my hands, especially weekends. i want to get back to route building that's somewhat stable.

With 100136, I didn't see the fps degradation after an hour or so I saw with the previous builds. However, as mentioned, the Speedtrees really impact frame rates. When they come into camera view on my test track, it down from 60 fps to 15-20 fps.

With 100136, I didn't see the fps degradation after an hour or so I saw with the previous builds. However, as mentioned, the Speedtrees really impact frame rates. When they come into camera view on my test track, it down from 60 fps to 15-20 fps.

That is something I have observed as well. I wonder too if that's the source of my micro-stuttering. I have pretty much the same setup you have hardware wise except for the processor. My CPU is an older Intel i7 Extreme 5930 with bigger caching onboard.

The micro-stuttering and the overall sluggishness does occur a lot more when there are more trees, and I've reduced my trees down a lot from where it was originally.

Back