Regions

nfitzsimmons

Is there a filter to display regions in CM?

I know I have a 1950's USA region I want to use for traffic, but have no idea how to add it if I don't know the kuid.

Check out these links I gave for you.....

Here is main link to help, and some of the written summary on Regions....Hope this helps............

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Does+Trainz+have+category+for+Regions&t=ffnt&atb=v157-3zp&ia=web

Category-region codes are a single ("UK") or multiple codes ("AU;DE;UK;US") in a quoted string that is included in the config.txt file for user defined filters.

• Assets with narrow single country scope would contain a single code after the tagname.
  • Assets which were widely found in many regions (e.g. 'Caterpillar D7 bulldozer', will list the series of country codes of the region.)
    • The codes have only a minor importance in TRAINZ and are primarily used in Trainz as a sort and selection criteria in user defined filters.
    • These codes do show up under the region column in Content Manager where they can be included in defining filters one can also use in Surveyor. This eliminates looking at undesired assets when focuses on developing your routes.
  • For content that exists in multiple areas, when creating new assets, select appropriate codes in Content Creator Plus (CCP) or hand edit them into the config.txt ini files.
For example a locomotive that was available in the United States and Canada would be specified as follows: category-region "US;CA"
One that was available in Australia, Canada, the United States and in the United Kingdom would be specified as follows: category-region "AU;CA;UK;US"

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Category-class

I can't find the specific key word or Category Era in CM for you,,,,it seems obscure, maybe someone else knows better on how to filter that out in CM.....Sorry....

Last edited:
Thanks. I understand about regions and how they're used. I wanted to change the vehicles used for traffic from modern to 1950's. I was looking for a way to list the ones I have installed so I could get the kuid for one of my 1950's regions. I figured that out about 10 minutes after I posted this topic.

Is there a filter to display regions in CM?

I know I have a 1950's USA region I want to use for traffic, but have no idea how to add it if I don't know the kuid.

I have only a workaround. In Content Manager you have the the column "Type". Show all your installed content in CM and sort the column "Type" in alphabetical order, and look manually for the assets, labelled "Region" in the column "Type".

Kind regards
Swordfish

I have only a workaround. In Content Manager you have the the column "Type". Show all your installed content in CM and sort the column "Type" in alphabetical order, and look manually for the assets, labelled "Region" in the column "Type".

Kind regards
Swordfish
I'm embarrassed to say this but I've tried to search for era before and just had a horrible time I couldn't figure it out I probably should have asked in the Forum I know better!!!

Thank you for the work around I'll try it out for myself as well because I do have some things that from time to time on different routes require certain eras or it would be better to run them on those routes rather than just throwing in anything from the kitchen sink so to speak.... 😎

THank you swordfish

Open route for edit and select the edit menu and edit route. You change the region from the top right window (in TRS19). Look for edit route in one of the drop down menus in other versions if different to TRS19.

Last edited:
I remember asking the same question a few years ago and the answer is still the same. The best you can do is an alphabetical sort on the Type column as Swordfish said. What is really needed is a filter on the property Kind and then, in this case, on Region. For some reason, N3V refuse us the ability to search directly on Kind.

Open route for edit and select the edit menu and edit route. You change the region from the top right window (in TRS19). Look for edit route in one of the drop down menus in other versions if different to TRS19.
I just edited config.txt. What I needed to know was how to find the kuid for the era I wanted.

If you want to change the era from modern to 1950's you don't need the kuid. You can change the vehicles by doing as I said before.
<kuid2:425968:1319:1> 1950s-Era USA Region
<kuid:425968:1319> 1950s-Era USA Region
<kuid:439337:101127> 1950s Glory Years USA
<kuid2:439337:101127:2> 1950s Glory Years USA
<kuid2:439337:101127:1> 1950s Glory Years USA

Last edited:
Back