Copyright theft of route by user nikolink

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unclear exactly what is meant or permitted by 'copyright' when it comes to Trainz assets. I was once upbraided and accused of all manner of bad things by a creator on another forum because I'd reskinned one of their engines. I had obtained the original model legally from a legitimate website and had absolutely no intention of uploading or giving away my reskinned copy as it was solely for my own use. As far as I could see it I'd done nothing wrong, but the engine's creator seemed to think i was the daughter of the devil himself.

I can't remember who it was now, but since their attitude didn't impress me at all I don't really care if I have forgotten who they are.

I graffitti a random bridge in downtown wherever. It is my intellectual creation.

If you graffiti a bridge, you should be arrested, charged, fined, made to clean it off then have your hands broken with a sledgehammer to ensure you never do it again. (IMHO).

There is this thread by N3V (Windwalkr). AFAIK it is still relevant.

I've just realised that there is no obvious place to view the licence of any asset in Content Manager. That cannot help. TS12 had an option to view the licence in the asset description field.

Anyway problem now resolved and clone removed. Thanks N3V.

Mods, think you can lock this thread now please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back