Route Error - Loaded up with no assets visible PLEASE HELP

Merrick6ac

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

I have a route under construction that loaded up this morning with no error messages or "change revert" option and all assets have vanished. I merely have landscaping and ground textures visible. I have checked that all layers are visible and tried a couple of reloads to no avail. The content manager has all assets listed in the route, so there is a trick somewhere that I am missing to restore my work and avoid tearing my hair out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It is a transdem route in T:ANE.

Last edited:
I have a route under construction that loaded up this morning with no error messages or "change revert" option and all assets have vanished.
Have you just imported this route from CDP?

If so, import it again BUT delete the existing route (using Content Manager) first. There is a bug in T:ane that removes all assets from a route if it is imported so that it overwrites an existing copy of the route. You can tell that this happens if the route is open for editing after the import. The problem is unique to routes.

Merrick, I had the exact same issue a couple of days ago. After checking some things I noticed it was an asset which apparently was incompatible with my version of Trainz that caused this ( of course your route issue can have a different cause) What I did was removing the last installed asset in CM and I got my route back. Can be worth a try before doing anything drastic.

Good luck,I know how frustrating this can be.

Ron

Thank you guys for all your advice. In the end I restarted from scratch and that second version has now overtaken progress on the original route.

When I get a chance I will try to recover the original if only to help anyone who suffers a similar fate in the future

Back