Any large freeware 1067mm (3ft 6in) routes?

pasha2

Anyone know any freeware routes that are fairly large, that include large capacity yards/depots and various lines that are in 1067mm (3ft 6in) narrow gauge? I got a heck ton of that gauge stuff and only tiny routes. Plus I'm too lazy to D.I.Y a route at the current period. Another thing is I'm in a Japan-esy mindset right now, and I have been thinking of trying to find a rural-japanese route, something like 'Winter in japan' or 'kiha japan', although larger. But that is just an extra note for now, any large Cape Gauge route would serve me well. :)

pasha2

There are a few large NG routes for TRS2004/2006 and similar vintages, but none for TANE/TRS19 that I know of. If you use CM to do a search of the DLS for routes with NG42 or 3ft6in (and variations of that) you will find a few. From their descriptions, if the creator has added one, you may get info about their size, etc.

I am currently working on upgrading my TRS2006 SAR Peterborough Division NG 1960s era layout to TRS19 standards - that's about 180 miles of track with another 50 mile extension to be added on. It has a few large yards (Gladstone, Jamestown, Peterborough, Quorn, Terowie).

Completion date is still a long way off.

Thanks, I did try to search for some routes, although I didn't pull much out of the hat tbh. Nice to hear you are updating that old route.
Just a question tied to your route: will it have 1067mm track? Or will it stick to standard like the old one?

Thanks

If it helps try some European longer routes - switch out some buildings for Japanese ones and replace the track with 1067mm - I have done this before and you will find European trees are closer to Japanese then some other countries. And also quicker than building a route from scratch.

Also go to the Japan forum there are a few people there already doing Japanese based routes. Happy trainzing!

Hi Pasha.
Currently I am building an European themed (fictional) route in
TRS19. It will be couple of months before it is ready for uploading to the DLS because it's a fairly large route and I don't want todeliver half arsed work. Some points about the route: a large meter gauge section (connecting the lowlands,alt.0 with the mountainous area (up to 780m. altitude) and running along a coastline comparable with the Cote d'Azur. A standard gauge section to a border station where Spanish trains continue to travel on 1668mm track (Iberian broad gauge). I will post it in the freeware section on the forum when it is on the DLS. All assets I use in this project are on the DLS so no endless searching on other websites.

regards, Ron

Last edited:
There is a very good Spanish route of 1000-1668 real, full of industries of metal and coal in the north "Langreo FFCC", is a bit old, from Trainz 2009 but a great job.

regards

Edit.- 1435-1668 with 1000 also

Last edited:
If it helps try some European longer routes - switch out some buildings for Japanese ones and replace the track with 1067mm - I have done this before and you will find European trees are closer to Japanese then some other countries. And also quicker than building a route from scratch.

Also go to the Japan forum there are a few people there already doing Japanese based routes. Happy trainzing!

Thanks, that is a way, although the Japan forum is inaccessible, and I can't post anything there, basically, I have absolutely no permissions there. I have never posted there in the past, so you can rule out 'ban' from list of reasons. It would be however very helpful if it were open, including the fact the the forum itself is one of the oldest, dating back to 2008/9.

Anyways, thank you for your suggestion.

pasha2

Back