I can't delete the bridge completely.

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
I use this bridge,
<kuid2:430547:230056:1> YR Bridge Plate Deck 2 Track Light,
quite extensively on my Gloucester Terminal route and I decided to realign some tracks because I didn't like the curve that I have in one particular section.

I deleted a bunch of track on either side, removed the catenary, and abutments, but the bridge track remains.

A database repair and deleting the asset_cache file doesn't do it.

Has anyone experienced this?

Has anyone resolved the problem?

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Sometimes track splines have wrong 'kind' or 'category-class' in config, and can only be deleted under "normal" splines and vice versa.
Don't know if that's the problem

Last edited:
I have seen this when the kind of the asset has changed. For instance, if the bridge was upgraded from kind 'bridge' to kind 'track'. That doesn't seem to apply to this asset, but there might be something similar happening. Or, you may have to past a blank section over it.

I have seen this when the kind of the asset has changed. For instance, if the bridge was upgraded from kind 'bridge' to kind 'track'. That doesn't seem to apply to this asset, but there might be something similar happening. Or, you may have to past a blank section over it.

That's interesting....

I checked the route in T:ANE, albeit and older version and it works fine there. I may delete the asset and reimport it from T:ANE where it works. Downloading didn't fix it, but maybe copying it in maybe different.

Unfortunately I can't paste over the bridge. I thought I could move it, but only one side moves.

Sometimes track splines have wrong 'kind' or 'category-class' in config, and can only be deleted under "normal" splines and vice versa.
Don't know if that's the problem

I tried that "trick", but no go. I even tried the old open for edit and revert to reset the track, but that didn't help. What did change was the status from Modified to Built-in. Hmmm. I'm running an EDR, a lengthy one at that, and hopefully this will untangle the mess.

Have you tried "Bulk Asset Replace" with a simpler asset that you can delete?

I tried that too, I put in a piece of other track and I still couldn't delete it.

In the end I may give up and repace it with a piece of invisible track and build around it. It's not what I like to do, but it may be the only solution to get past this issue for now.

That indicates that the system still sees it as track. In that case you cold try putting a traincar on the track and then deleting the traincar.

I did that and it is "track".

I looked in wireframe mode to see if something was attached to it on that particular side and there's nothing. I hate to think that it's something with this route and nowhere else, but I do have backups of before I made the modifications I made to its current state. It'll take some work to get it where I have it now, but it can be done. I say this because the problem also exists in the current Trainz-Plus beta as well on the same route.

My next check is to import the older version and test that. if I can delete the bridge, I have no choice except going back in order to go forward.

Well this issue has nothing to do with the asset its self!

I imported a very old version of the same route from T:ANE and I was able to delete the same bridge completely.

I've run a DBR and an EDBR and neither has repaired problem in the current route so it looks like I need to go back to the earlier version and go forward. The route is still the same other than the rework I did so I can start there and go forward, or I can merge in that section, but I'm inclined to think there are other issues with the route besides that bridge so my best bet will be to go back to a couple of versions and then bring the route up to where I want it.

In all cases, I have backups.

Have you tried delete missing assets as that has worked in the past when track became separated from industries.

No I didn't... Thanks I'll give that a try and see what happens. I'll post back with the results.

By 1:40 am when I went to bed after a long EDBR, I was pretty tired and my brain was already thinking of a nice comfy pillow to put its self down on.

I tried the delete missing assets and that didn't help either. I have since moved on to the more drastic option. I'm glad I have plenty of backups. There are more than just subtle changes between the route versions unfortunately. I need to perform some drastic surgery to hopefully get back what I had before.

The good news is I'm going about this differently and will come up with something better I hope.

John

Have you tried the old trick of copying a patch of terrain containing no objects and pasting that (in Paste Objects mode) over the area where the bridge is?

I use that method to delete troublesome objects whose “grab” points are not visible or displaced some crazy distance away from the visible mesh.

Deane

John

Have you tried the old trick of copying a patch of terrain containing no objects and pasting that (in Paste Objects mode) over the area where the bridge is?

I use that method to delete troublesome objects whose “grab” points are not visible or displaced some crazy distance away from the visible mesh.

Deane

Hmm... I never thought of that. I still have the "bad" route backed up and that would definitely save me a lot of time redoing the yards and other stuff.

It makes me wonder if I shouldn't just try merging this route into a blank and see if that works. That fixes all kinds of weirdness with routes as well.

THANK YOU!!!!

Deane that worked.

How simple it was. Click and poof! :D

Now I'm back in business and will continue to rebuild that track.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Send Dean a Virtual Drink John......

I had the same thing happen me long ago, and all I could do was cut out the offending Tile, and put a new one, and redraw, re track, well you know the story....

Then another time since and just by accident, and I might have gotten this tip from Dean, I don't remember, but I did what Dean said you might try and it worked, who would have thought, this way of doing it would have worked out this way......

Way to go Dean...........Nice assist to member in distress!!

The less clicks involved, the better for those fingers of yours. :p

That was my thought as well. :D

Send Dean a Virtual Drink John......

I had the same thing happen me long ago, and all I could do was cut out the offending Tile, and put a new one, and redraw, re track, well you know the story....

Then another time since and just by accident, and I might have gotten this tip from Dean, I don't remember, but I did what Dean said you might try and it worked, who would have thought, this way of doing it would have worked out this way......

Way to go Dean...........Nice assist to member in distress!!

Virtual beers sent and invite for a night out at pub.

I agree Blue. This is shows how valuable these forums are. I was ready to give up and toss the route, or go back to a much earlier version. After fixing my spot, I was able to finish up the track as I wanted and cleaned other things as well. My next step now is to place the catenary.

I love a happy ending :)

You are now going to do catenary?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!
I've just finished doing catenary on several curved viaducts :eek:
Not for the faint hearted.

Good luck with it!

I also agree about these forums, a great source of help and information.

Last edited:
Back