Heavy Industry Screenshots

jkeenan

TPR Founding Member
Hi All,

Just back after a number of years away from Trainz and am experimenting and learning all over again! I have either made or been part of a team that have produced some epic routes for Trainz, but none of them really included what I call heavy industry. Chemical plants, refineries, large factory complexes, etc. I would like to get some inspiration from what the community has done in this respect. I would love to see your heavy industry screenshots.

Thanks and cheers!

John

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Based on the Gateway West Industrial Center, Pocatello, ID. This complex began as a military manufacturer in WWII and was converted in part to a Transformer manufacturer sometime after the war. Currently owned in part by Virginia Transformer Corp. AKA Virginia and Georgia Transformer Corp.

While VTC only uses one (very big) building on the site I wanted to use the entire complex for transformer construction, repair, and etc. and have the capability to load all sizes of transformers including ones requiring depressed center cars and Schnabel cars. :D

I started working on this in TS12 49922 and quickly realized that I had no talent for creating routes. <sigh> Google maps has enough resolution to see the tracks in the complex and there are quite a few ground level pictures to be found.

Trackage is approximately correct, the three short tracks at the bottom of the second pic was an engine house, now a fire station and the single track to the left goes to a power distribution building that was formerly a coal fired power plant.

Perhaps that will give you some ideas. :D (Heavy enough for you?)

Last edited:
Well you didn't get many responses but Davesnow's Cotton Belt has a nice Ethanol Plant you could take a look at.

Could u do and over the top screen shot of this factory, I would like to replicate it

Can u post a direct overhead shot of this, I am trying to see how your industrial Track leads are done....This is fantastic work you did here.....

Thank you for sharing....Sir....

Hi John --

Welcome back.

There are a fair number of heavy industries and industrial sites on this layout:

It's a TRS19 update of an existing DLC layout. I fed it into the "system" shortly after Adam (as in Adam & Eve) was created but haven't heard much since.

Phil

Last edited:
Some of Cornwall UK China Clay works.

TANE-ParkandillackBranch_28629.jpg

Treviscoe

StDennis1.jpg

Parkandillack

BurngullowTANE02.jpg

Burngullow

ParHarbour01.jpg

Par Harbour

GoonbarrowTANE02.jpg

Goonbarrow

MoorswaterTANE.jpg

Moorswater cement works

2018-12-17_210359.jpg

And Fowey Docks where some of it gets exported.

Great to hear from you Phil! From one old timer to another!:)

Great shots everyone. Thank you!

Cheers.
John

Thank you sir,

That is exactly what I needed to replicate what I want do on some of my routes,

I like these large integrated Industrial operations complex as it is, It will be an excellent model for some interesting Shunting, and ways on how to move everything in an efficient matter to keep this Customer satisfied.

I would imagine this is a 24hr operation to be cost beneficial on the bottom line of a P&L statement......

Of course for sheer massive and humongous industry you can't beat <kuid2:73500:100796:1> Baltimore to Connellsville & West Mega Route by jrfalco.

Sparrows Point, MD, Bethlehem Steel,

Which is only a small part of the entire Baltimore Harbor that includes too many industries to enumerate.

Which is only a small part of the total route! :D

Back