Wide Screen hiding Surveyor options eg. Main Menu, Edit Route etc

bourne3

Hi there. TRS19 works OK on other machine but on this one my screen is wide and not deep enough to show Surveyor choices such as Main Menu, Edit Route, Create Route, and View Sessions. In Settings, I have toggled full screen on/off, and have tried most variations of screen resolution. In help, I found that you can resize the screen from within Trainz if 'Full Screen' is NOT sellected, but this does not work for me.
Without these options it is difficult to use TRS19. Can anyone help?

Are you running the program at the same resolution as your display?

Resizing the program in windowed mode will work if you are running at a lower resolution but not higher than will fit on your display.
I ran into this when I moved TRS19 from my 1980 x 1080 display to my 32-inch 1366 x720 display.

You can check your desktop settings, right click on desktop, choose Display Settings, then look at Scale and layout, if not at 100% change to 100% then try Trainz again

Off topic I have just downloaded your blackpool tram and found the following as unknown.

<kuid2:502185:100089:1>
<kuid:273129:101465>
<kuid:273129:101466>
<kuid:502185:100328>
<kuid:502185:100483>

Full screen should be at the native resolution of the monitor which also the desktop should be using. If not that if you are using a TV screen as a monitor, that can often not actually display the correct resolution when used with a PC, come across this a few times. Latest being with a spare TV and HDMI. Could only get 1440 x 990 which was off the bottom of the screen however using a DVI to VGA adaptor, worked perfectly and picked up 1920x1080 which was the native resolution without any need to mess with anything.
Comes in handy as a third monitor and matches my two Acer monitors and saved me getting a third one! (Colour co-ordination and all that)

Last edited:
I had a similar issue with my resolution 1920x1200 after the last update.

Here is the helpdesk reply:

"Quote"
1. Click Trainz Settings
2. General (tab)
3. Check "Full Screen"
4. Set the resolution in the dropdown to match your desktop resolution
5. Uncheck "Full Screen"
6. Restart TRS19 in windowed mode. "unquote"

The above did not fix the issue however

So did this suggestion below:
"Quote"
Looking into this more, I believe that the resolution list is actually populated by the o\s, not Trainz. So there could be a resizing issue with some screen sizes...
try setting your desktop to 1920x1080 and then try the steps above. "unquote"

Changing the windows o/s desktop resolution to 1920x1080 saving it, then changing back to correct resolution fixed the problem in the trainz Driver/Surveyor bar for myself (did not redo the first set of steps) when relaunched. Hopefully changing to a different o/s resolution, saving it, then changing back will work the same for yourself.

Malc --

" ... if you are using a TV screen as a monitor, that can often not actually display the correct resolution ... ."

By default TV screens overscan. It's a hangover from the earliest days of broadcast TV. There is generally an option somewhere in the TV menu (it may be under a different name and you may have to dig deep) to turn it off for a HDMI input.

Phil

Malc --

" ... if you are using a TV screen as a monitor, that can often not actually display the correct resolution ... ."

By default TV screens overscan. It's a hangover from the earliest days of broadcast TV. There is generally an option somewhere in the TV menu (it may be under a different name and you may have to dig deep) to turn it off for a HDMI input.

Phil

Not on the one I was using, was the first thing I looked for. Works OK using a DVI to VGA or HDMI to VGA convertors though. It's fairly old and pre HD but not used much, one of my late mothers she got a bigger one, so probably predates such options. As it was in good virtually unused condition thought I'd try it as an extra monitor before binning it. Manual states use the VGA port for PC and HDMI for video players etc.

Hi there.
Thanks for your help.
Desktop settings set at 100% so no problem there.
I have however made some progress. I changed my settings in Trainz to "Vertical Sync = FULL". This has changed the Surveyor display to show the bottom half of each of the dropdown menu icons, and the top half of the menu buttons at the foot of the display. It's just about usable, but not ideal!

Hi there
Sorry for the delay - Don't use this service much!
1) This is my Blackpool Jubilee car 761
2) This is Nathan Honest's Blackpool Illuminated Rocket car
3) This is Nathan Honest's Blackpool Jubilee car 762
4) This is my version of Nathan's Blackpool Centenary car 641
5) This is my Yellow Box (Road markings)
If you send me your Email address to peterjd70@sky.com, I can send you CDP copies of nos 1, 4, and 5
Nos 2 and 3 are from Nathan (which he sent me directly - not sure if they are on the DLS).
Hope that helps

Pete

Back