Trainz Plus Beta 100044 (mac) and 100064 (PC)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've released updates for PC and Mac.

Mac users - this fixes your rednering issue if you've updated to 10.14.4

There are a number of minor fixes included, and we've got a few more to process before going to our final release candidate (hopefully next week).

We're sorry for the delay in releasing final version, but it shouldn't be long now.

i just installed the new build version, i will report any issues here, thanks for getting this out for the weekend.

After a couple hours of working on my route, everything seems to be back to normal, i do have a slight problem deleting track, but 99 percent better. other than that perfect performance.

Last edited:
I've installed and testing as I type...

The performance is much better than the previous version with the same settings.

There are issues with loading saved sessions outside of the ones I've reported and I'm working with the QA Team on.

Loading a saved session causes the following message to appear:

Load Command issued before destination.

This causes stuck drivers that require a click on continue schedule for those drivers that were in a station when loading up the saved session. This works for some of the time, but not always.

It appears the portals still don't work. Hopefully these will become function soon(tm).

Last edited:
I have spent all my time in surveyor, 12 hours since yesterday. i have had one crash to desktop,i scroll through my picklist it will crash again to desktop. i hadn't tried portals until today, i can also confirm portals don't work.I hope this is fixed soon.
I plan on spending a little time in driver today.

I am still having a slight issue laying down spline points just with track.

In the control center when you click on driver ect... when you click on all it doesn't show it's checked.it does work when you click it, but it doesn't show checked.

I notice if i exit surveyor to the desktop, trainz will just exit without the launcher showing up. this is hit and miss.As i continue building my route i am also exiting every 2 hours or so and reporting any issues i find.

I wish more people would report issues, i want to be able to use trainz 19 without issue with the final build next week.

Last edited:
I get more "stuttering" in Driver. I starts about an hour into the session. I've tested it by simply running a couple trains on the route "hands off" (just circling the route, no changes except time of day.)

1. I get the same stuttering like crazy after about an hour. Starts out just fine, then slide show after an hour.

2. I got a problem loading saved files in. I get this black window pop up telling me that the view is not compatable with the editor. It puts me into train edit mode. And since the loading of the files takes over a minute to get tracks and train into the game, it has been merrily going down the tracks and I have to chase it down the tracks to get in it.

3. Saving the the session I am running now correctly advances the time for the next save as many times as I need to. However if I load a saved file in, and if I need to save again it still has the same name and does not increment the time in file name of the save. Just like it has been doing since TANE updates. It overwrites the filename that was loaded.

1. I get the same stuttering like crazy after about an hour. Starts out just fine, then slide show after an hour.

2. I got a problem loading saved files in. I get this black window pop up telling me that the view is not compatable with the editor. It puts me into train edit mode. And since the loading of the files takes over a minute to get tracks and train into the game, it has been merrily going down the tracks and I have to chase it down the tracks to get in it.

3. Saving the the session I am running now correctly advances the time for the next save as many times as I need to. However if I load a saved file in, and if I need to save again it still has the same name and does not increment the time in file name of the save. Just like it has been doing since TANE updates. It overwrites the filename that was loaded.

I got that message regarding the camera as well and thought it was something I clicked on that caused that.

I've noticed the slowdown as well.

How do your signals look when loading the route, once it's loaded? Mine are all red then they com alive. I have a bug report in on this already and N3V is looking into this issue.

I greatly appreciate the fixes for RailDriver in the beta. There seems to be one remaining RD glitch in this build, concerning "Raise/zoom-in camera" in map view (and the associated lower/zoom-out). With this control bound to PgUp and "RailDriver Rocker Up" the rocker switch works fine in cab and external view but is ignored in map view while PgUp continues to work.

--Gary

for some reason last night in surveyor after about 30 minutes i started getting this terrible stuttering that was so bad i couldn't even continue building, this was at about 11pm Florida eastern time, i exited for the night.

I continue to have problems putting track spline points down, i notice if you lay a long piece of track, i can go to the center of the spline and i am able to to put a spine point down and work either direction and they go down fine,this is not crossing a baseboard.

I just came across when i try and put a trackside items down, i have the same issues. i was trying to put dwarf signals down, i had to jump all over the place to find a location to get it to work.

I also have a raildriver but i still haven't been anywhere but surveyor to do my work.as stated before i still can't get portals to work properly. i can place them, the menu comes up but no matter what i enter it doesn't work.

I have already reported all these issues thanks.

Trying to narrow down the "stuttering." I made a test route -- 9 baseboards in a square (3x3) and one procedural track, a complete circle with four splines (one at each cardinal heading near the edge of the baseboards.) No objects, topo changes, or textures (other than the stock PBR ground grid.) I added a loco and did a quick drive at 50% throttle. My FRAP app. showed 30 FPS (vertical half-sync.) I checked two hours later and it was varying between 10 and 13 FPS! Restarted my PC and changed to full vertical sync and repeated the test. I started out at 60 FPS but now, after two hours is varying between 40 and 55 FPS.
[edit] I should mention I'm using a 4K monitor (3840x2160).

Trying to narrow down the "stuttering." I made a test route -- 9 baseboards in a square (3x3) and one procedural track, a complete circle with four splines (one at each cardinal heading near the edge of the baseboards.) No objects, topo changes, or textures (other than the stock PBR ground grid.) I added a loco and did a quick drive at 50% throttle. My FRAP app. showed 30 FPS (vertical half-sync.) I checked two hours later and it was varying between 10 and 13 FPS! Restarted my PC and changed to full vertical sync and repeated the test. I started out at 60 FPS but now, after two hours is varying between 40 and 55 FPS.
[edit] I should mention I'm using a 4K monitor (3840x2160).

I made a lengthy post regarding my own findings with the previous build. Tony said the team is looking into this so there's hopefully good news on the horizon.

@John - My signals are working once they appear. Green, flashing yellows, yellows and red.

I used to get error message when I wanted to leave my game, now I just got it starting a session on the Bellevue Yard... ClientMaterial::SetMaterial> blocking on time-critical thread... then 23 different error messages. I'm on a MacBook Pro 2018 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7. Mojave 10.14.4

https://imgur.com/VUb5vGG

Last edited:
I used to get error message when I wanted to leave my game, now I just got starting a session on the Bellevue Yard... /Users/johnjones/Desktop/errors.png

Use imgur.com to post then share the link to the image. We can't see what you've posted.

@John - My signals are working once they appear. Green, flashing yellows, yellows and red.

That's good. I have issues where they take a very long time to come to life. I'm working with N3V on this issue because it appears to be related to the slowing down of sessions as they run.

Trainz Plus Build 100064 Validation Error KIND 'Groundtexture'

Validation file 'KIND.txt extract:

groundtexture
{
top-level 1
icon groundtexture
inherit
{
base-asset
}
kind "Structure"
subpossibilities
{
kind
{
kind value
type string
compulsory 3.4
default "groundtexture"
filter "texture"
disabled 1
}
clutter-mesh
{
kind value
type kuidbrowser
filter "mesh"
category "CMP;MESH|SY;SCEN"
compulsory 0
obsolete-version 4.6
}
texture
{
kind value
type filepathedit
datatype "texture"
compulsory 3.4
obsolete-version 4.6
}
normal-texture
{
kind value
type filepathedit
datatype "texture"
compulsory 3.4
obsolete-version 4.6
}
texture-variants
{
kind element
element-type "texture-variants"
compulsory 4.6
}
season-selector
{
kind element
element-type "season-tree-element"
compulsory 0
validation
{
}
}
}
validation
{
HasValidTextureFile
HasValidSeasonOutputs
}
obsolete-tag
{
name
{
kind value
type string
}
}

}

If you delete tags 'texture' and 'normal-texture' following error codes are displayed when 'View errors and warnings'.

VE60,26,28,115

Affects at least 444 assets so far mainly by johnnyc1 who is quite prolific in producing new PBR groundtextures.

In addition it is noted that Auran builtins still have tags 'texture ' and 'normal-texture' at TB 4.6.

Last edited:
Hi Ian - can you provide a couple of example KUIDs and details of what is failing so QA can investigate further.
Also if you're deleting the texture tags, wouldn't the errors be expected?

Last edited:
See my #16 above

texture
{
kind value
type filepathedit
datatype "texture"
compulsory 3.4
obsolete-version 4.6
}

I interpret this to mean that I need tag 'texture' at TB 3.4 through TB 4.5 but that it is obsolete at TB 4.6.
Similarly tag 'normal-texture'.

As I was investigating assets at TB 4.6, the minimum for PBR textures, then these tags should not be in the assets I was looking at. Only 'texture-variants'.
All the assets still had these tags installed, and in my opinion the validation failed to show the errors VE60,26,28,115.

In order to prove my supposition I deliberately deleted tags 'texture' and 'normal-texture' and voila the errors were displayed.

Thus behaving as if it is pre-PBX at <TB 4.6 as far as the tags 'texture' and 'normal-texture' are concerned.

sample kuids

Take your pick of any Kind 'groundtexture' that includes 'PBR' in its username.

eg. from authors universally affected if I'm correct!!!

kuid:217537:129 PBR Rock Cliff Snow 1 by gdennish
kuid:328583:100050 JVC-PBR Grass 01 by Jankvis
kuid2:473136:103712:2 PBR Asphalt 01 (Dark) by johnnyc1
kuid:414976:100126 Aged Red Bricks - Semi-Seasonal PBR by microlem
kuid:439337:102108 PBR Arid 1 by msgsapper
kuid2:124060:21045:2 PBR Brown Gravel by pencil42
kuid:455526:50033 FX PBR Beach Pebbles by rudefx

Plus any of Auran builtins if you open to take a look. Naturally can't modify these to prove other than same config format.

Maybe I need more coffee.

Last edited:
when is the next build or final coming out? we need at least one more build hopefully with most of the major issues fixed, i was expecting another build by now.

"I used to get error message when I wanted to leave my game, now I just got it starting a session on the Bellevue Yard... ClientMaterial::SetMaterial> blocking on time-critical thread... then 23 different error messages. I'm on a MacBook Pro 2018 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7. Mojave 10.14.4"

I get those types of errors too on my test builds. Not experienced enough to know what's going on.

Back