Trainz Plus Beta 100044 (mac) and 100064 (PC)

"I used to get error message when I wanted to leave my game, now I just got it starting a session on the Bellevue Yard... ClientMaterial::SetMaterial> blocking on time-critical thread... then 23 different error messages. I'm on a MacBook Pro 2018 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7. Mojave 10.14.4"

I get those types of errors too on my test builds. Not experienced enough to know what's going on.

That error is asset-related. Whatever asset or assets that are loading up is taking a bit too long and causing a timeout to occur. I would report the error, but continuing causes no harm.

I never used to get this message until I updated to Mac 100044, I get it on all routes now however, I just played the Hinton Division empty hoppers just to test it, I got the message half way through, but the game finished with no problems.

To be clear, messages like "ClientMaterial::SetMaterial> blocking on time-critical thread" are "assertions", rather than "errors". These are breakpoints inserted into the code to provide information to developers about a what's happening in certain circumstances. Sometimes they identify critical issues, and sometimes they relate to far less serious issues. If clicking Continue works, then generally it was nothing important. If clicking Continue then causes the game to shutdown then the message is most likely telling the devs what went wrong, and they can fix the problem causing the crash.

Ian - thanks for the extra details. Dev will sort it out.

There is a new build out with a few more fixes - new thread coming...

Back