Commodity Picker does not work

gt350

When I run a session and click the commodity picker a message appears "Building commodity list". I have waited over an hour and the list never generates. Has anybody had this issue and how did you solve it?
Thanks
Chuck

A faulty commodity can cause this issue.

Check that your commodities are up-to-date in Content Manager and none are missing dependencies or are faulty.

Sometimes a commodity its self can do this even though it appears to work.

That problem happens also in T:ANE. I did a lot of testing, some of it draconian in nature: Eliminate all the commodities. Same thing! But if you make a test route, and start to populate slowly industries, you'll see that it works. Then at some point, it does not show. So, I think the problem is due to the timeout thing. If you have what the program considers that is too may commodities, it takes too long to read and it collapses. How many? don't know. This is one of the things I was hoping that TS19 would have fixed, and it should be a priority. Perhaps that is one of the things holding many of us on jumping into TS19...

Hi Chuck - Thanks for posting about waybills. A few questions:
1) What build are you seeing this with?
2) Is the route\session built-in?
3) Can you tell us what products\industry you're seeing this with?

QA has not been able to reproduce this but if there is a timeout (or other script related issue), you may be able to detect it if you enable "Launcher > Trainz Settings > Dev (tab) > Show script exception notifications". When you run the session in question, a "red bug icon" will pop letting you know something is amiss.

What we have seen:
1. The Waybills\Commodities list isn't a real-time dialog, forcing the user to close-open it to make it update.
2. Sometimes when building a session in surveyor and switching into quickdrive, the commodities\waybill list is blank (this can pop an exception too). Saving the session and exiting out\restarting can force the dialogs to populate as expected.

If you are still having trouble with this, please contact QA through the bug reporting form. If you have a demo route created that will allow us to reproduce the issue, please share that as a CDP as well.

Last edited:
Sent bug report with CDP of route and session

Hi gt350 - Thanks for following up. QA has replied via email having found a script timeout with at least one product not loading. Enabling script exception notifications should help isolate the suspect(s) in your local copy.

Back