Sessions: Do you search for, download, and run freeware Sessions from DLS?

If I know a route has them and I like the route: yes.

A decent route should have an announcement topic that will / should list the related sessions (if they exist). Else finding them is close to impossible. Especially if the session is not made by the creator of the route.

-snip- Else finding them is close to impossible.

I don't understand.... To me it couldn't be easier. I just check "sessions" on the DLS almost every day.... in fact, I check all new content about every day. Perhaps it wasn't as easy in older versions? (I have TRS19 only.)

I'd like to create some sessions for some routes but if no one downloads sessions then I'll go another direction...(I've done a Kickstarter 2 and would like to do a Prog Rail Jesse James session.)

One of the larger problems is that unless the creator includes the name of the route in the session name or at the very least includes the route name in the description it is a real pain downloading some session and discovering that it is also downloading some route I never heard of. If you confine yourself to only downloading TRS19 routes/sessions this is mitigated to some extent since there are so few 4.6 routes out there, wait until there are hundreds or until you decide to try some of the older routes.

I recently went through this with a session I found. I had hopes that it would be for one of the American routes I have but no, it was for a very nice English route that I didn't have and which also downloaded along with the session. I really didn't want another English route since I have my hands full with all the US routes I have but there it is, I suppose I'll run the session (since it is quite good) a few times and then delete both.

Edit: I have over 600 routes in TANE and only 126 in TRS19. Many of them are incremental development or experimental duplicate routes.

Last edited:
I am with Oknotsen. I have to know what route the session is for and both have and like that route. Waaaaaaaaay too many sessions on the DLS that I have no idea what route they are for.

Back