Left/Right Attachment Trolleybus

paperpusher

paperpusher
Item Trolley Bus Green SinglePole_2.5m // kuid2:67585:29004:1 // Originally created by Alan G Smith (Silversmith) // track object/ TANE

I am using the various Trolley Bus poles for my North American type transit routes. When installing it in the driver session these poles are situated on the centre instead of the right side of the road. Is there a way to modify the config file to change the side being placed in the session.

Saying this would the mod be also be available on other train component in which items are placed in the incorrect position for that session.

Last edited:
The name is deceiving,

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

This is a road side wire support pole. :D

It is probably possible to edit the config.sys to place the this trackside object on the right of the track if you change the "trackside" variable from 0 to 1. (I think)

Tried to modify config for the trolleybus changing the trackside to 1 from 0. It did not work, it did make a change by not placing the points away from trolley lines and moving pole further into the road.
so the original request remains, how to modify the trolleybus/tram poles line up on the opposite side?

so the original request remains, how to modify the trolleybus/tram poles line up on the opposite side?

Do you mean <kuid2:67585:29004:1> OHTB Green SinglePole 2.5m? If the poles are being placed on the 'wrong' side of your track then you need to reverse the direction in which you are laying the track. No modification to the pole is required.

Yes, I do use the reverse direction icon/button but when one has literally 100's of Trolleybus cantenary posts, it does take extra time to add them the session. One good thing about adjusting each post, one can adjust the track/OH wires to a uniquely distance from the side of the road.
I would also like to see a track/OH Wire Post combo spline unit. I don't have the software knowledge to build this item
I do appreciate that these items were made available (even on the wrong side)
:D for use by Trainz enthusiasts.

Yes, I do use the reverse direction icon/button but when one has literally 100's of Trolleybus cantenary posts, it does take extra time to add them the session. One good thing about adjusting each post, one can adjust the track/OH wires to a uniquely distance from the side of the road.
I would also like to see a track/OH Wire Post combo spline unit. I don't have the software knowledge to build this item
I do appreciate that these items were made available (even on the wrong side)
:D for use by Trainz enthusiasts.

I avoided this issue by putting down my track in the direction of travel for the majority of my trolley routes. There are some places where this is impossible, but doing what I did saved that extra mouse-click to flip around the catenary poles. This works also for switch stands, signals, and other track objects as well.

I use North American routing driver LH /right side of the road. I could get the trolley poles to go on 'proper direction' by going in the reverse direction with the track/OH lines, but this could cause other grief when adding the vehicles which will face in the reverse direction and track diversion changes etc. i.e. Going left on right hand side of road and right on left hand side. I was just hoping there was a fix in the config, which seems there is not. Hoping for a software expert here to make a fix. Thanks for replying.

The name is deceiving,

(pic removed)

This is a road side wire support pole. :D

It is probably possible to edit the config.sys to place the this trackside object on the right of the track if you change the "trackside" variable from 0 to 1. (I think)

Tried to modify config for the trolleybus changing the trackside to 1 from 0. It did not work, it did make a change by not placing the points away from trolley lines and moving pole further into the road.
I thought the way this worked was to change the 1 to -1 (0 was dead center with 1 being to one side as -1 was the other side...)

I thought the way this worked was to change the 1 to -1 (0 was dead center with 1 being to one side as -1 was the other side...)
You might be referring to the trackside tag. This tag defines the position of the object as a distance from the centre of the track - positive values to the right and negative values to the left. It does not affect the orientation of the object. OP wants to move the position of the pole, not the position of the cable carrier.
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Scenery-trackside#trackside

Back