Survey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weeks Dev News mentions a SURVEY, but I couldn't find the LINK???

I have just completed the survey. I clicked on the "Trainz Survey" graphic in the email and it took to me to it.

I thought the survey overly complex, and some of the questions assumed I would use Trainz in a way I don't, and lacked N/A options, so I wasn't sure how to respond. Suggest to NV3 the they apply the KISS concept to surveys if they don't want people to bail out half way through.

Last edited:
I was happily completing the survey but quit after it got to the "now download this software" question.
Not happening just to provide feedback to a commercial company.
Questions yes up to a point but download and running stuff never.

The survey is very wonky! You make a selection in one area and the response you selected in another is erased. Sometimes a question disappears completely! I tried in Firefox, MS Edge and IE 11. Same behavior. I couldn't finish it.

Andrew

I gave up at question 2.

Answers were vanishing in already answered questions and I could not input the same value again. (Firefox. Win 10 Pro)

If N3V paid SM for this survey they should ask for a refund.

I think this post just goes and shows the avg age around here...

Learn to read people...

That was a simple survey if you can read. There was nothing to download either, again, if you can read.

Filled it and hope I get the $100 since everyone else apparently lacks the ability to read. Survey didn't even take 5 mins.

Learn to read people...

That was a simple survey if you can read. There was nothing to download either, again, if you can read.

Filled it and hope I get the $100 since everyone else apparently lacks the ability to read. Survey didn't even take 5 mins.

Good for you.

Last edited:
I'm just finished the survey and am not having problems with disappearing answers. One needs to drag and drop when requested.

I'm also unsure where the software download came from either as I didn't get one. The only place it might be is on the Passmark Software site but no download is needed to do what is requested.

Shane

The survey is very wonky! You make a selection in one area and the response you selected in another is erased. Sometimes a question disappears completely! I tried in Firefox, MS Edge and IE 11. Same behavior. I couldn't finish it.

Andrew

If you're referring to the 1-6 rating section; it took me a moment to figure out what it was doing. But it was rearranging the entries as you changed the numbers. It made more sense to me to grab each statement using the dots on the left and drag them in order from most to least.

peter

Learn to read people...

No need to insult the rest of us, oh high and mighty one. With the arrogance of your response, I hope N3V disqualifies your entry.

Last edited:
Why the interest in how old the machine is?

Three years and replace? To expensive I think mine is getting on for eight years old now but with a GTX 980 it still manages reasonable frame rates.

The question about new versions is interesting. Yes N3V would prefer me to buy TS19 but realistically I think I'm happy with TANE and don't look forward to having to correct all the errors TS19 will find.

Cheerio John

I'm just finished the survey and am not having problems with disappearing answers. One needs to drag and drop when requested.

I'm also unsure where the software download came from either as I didn't get one. The only place it might be is on the Passmark Software site but no download is needed to do what is requested.

Shane

If you mean the GPU rating you just search on your GPU as in GTX 1080 TI and copy the value from the first column, helps if you are used to using that site as it can seem to be a bit confusing.

No problem here after I'd worked out what needed dragging!

I finally got through it. Thanks for the reminder hints to drag to choose the order. The drop down to select the number confused me.

Cool bananas, - survey all done. I didn't have any problems doing the survey and I have cognitive problems due to this illness I have.

I had no issues or a download link. I kind of enjoyed the survey, you dont find many other studios asking the community what they think,
otherwise Fallout 76 might not have flopped so badly. I find it refreshing that N3V at least wants to know how we play the game and what is
important to each person.

Clair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back