Laying scenery spllines in Surveyor

SailorDan

Does anyone know how to turn a yellow spline point back to its original white?

This is important for splines that are set up to conform to the terrain slope, because when the spline point turns to yellow that conformance is lost. Editing existing routes to adjust the splines to the new height requirements of PBR ground textures means that these scenery splines all get turned to yellow, and the original appearance is lost. Replacing the splines doesn't really help, because the height still needs to be adjusted, the points turn to yellow, and the spline is straightened.
y4miHtZiW0bSUYGMnUWfGKOhq4nlocK7M62I7yyZ0Mjs-qVWwtXNc85CAJlmiPXdh9c8bo9PBB3uJja4O3DtAAmfjSRVs080_ThIqfVfrbvu0XKgr4XvgYl_g_i1D0R1G8S1VCUzkaysqSrUZkQTdFiC0vjtZ47gUP4q_baC3BR4WAcspXU2tAHD9Pv64jaxzpmca8PxScvP2TRK73YobKGJw

The spline is set to follow the ground height, but the wiki notes that setting a height gradient onto the spline (yellow track vertices in Surveyor) may override this setting. Is there a way to prevent it from overriding?

Not that I know of. If you've set a height adjustment to a spline point, it becomes fixed.

I would delete it and re-lay the spline, this time not clicking the spline point.

Cheers,
Roy

Up to at least T:ANE there was a button under the track laying tools that is the one you wanted, it removed the fixed (yellow) circles and made them all white again. Sadly I do not remember the name of it, but it is not the one that takes the circle away, but one beside it I think.

Linda

I think this is the button;

[h=3]Remove Gradient[/h] Click LMB on remove Gradient and then Click on a track section to remove the gradient between two track points.

I've just learned something new!
But note that the exact effect of that option depends on the configuration of the spline. For splines that are not configured to conform to the terrain, it does nothing. I think that's what caught me out in initial testing.

I just discovered that button too the other day. I was quite pleased too that I was able to undo some messy road placement and fence splines that somehow ended up floating up in the air after clicking on them. It beat setting their height after checking in the topology tool.

Back