Mac Users - IMPORTANT - Mojave Mac OS 10.14.4 - Now Fixed

I just installed the new update for my Mac and the loading screen is taking so long (over 5 minutes). Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I just installed the new update for my Mac and the loading screen is taking so long (over 5 minutes). Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Which update are you talking about? Mac OS 10.14.4 or the TRS19 update patch for Mac?
If just OS 10.14.4, you need to install the TRS19 update patch.

I'm still getting a black blank screen still even after the update. Am i missing something??
marc
Which update are you talking about? Mac OS 10.14.4 or the TRS19 update patch for Mac?

Loading Screen

Which exact "loading screen" do you mean? What are the exact steps you take to get to this "loading screen"?

So, when I mean, "loading screen", I meant to say that there are two of them. the one that takes me to the main menu when I open up the game is fine. Then, it's when I click a session under Routes/Sessions or Tutorials, it takes forever to load. I waited 3 minutes, and it's still loading and possibly never going to start.

So, when I mean, "loading screen", I meant to say that there are two of them. the one that takes me to the main menu when I open up the game is fine. Then, it's when I click a session under Routes/Sessions or Tutorials, it takes forever to load. I waited 3 minutes, and it's still loading and possibly never going to start.
I actually just discovered the same problem myself with the tutorials (had to force-quit them), which I will report to the support team.
Try a session from one of the built-in routes. It will take a while to load, but it should open and work correctly.
Let us know what happens.

Well, to clarify, yes I currently have OSX 10.14.4 and applied the patch to v100308. Still getting the black screen with music only.

v100308
>>
This is the Trainz Plus version and is working fine here (and we've received no other reports of the fix not working, but it was a pretty strange low-level rendering issue in the Mac OS to begin with). The options are to wait for Apple to release their 10.14.5 update publicly or to join their beta program (which is a fiarly straight forward process).

Tutorials
>> thanks for the report. This is a content issue and has been fixed internally. There will be a further update later this week to sort out the tutorials.

Loading time
>>
There will be a delay in first time loading, but the next load should be fine. (Tutorials will currently never load, but other routes/sessions are not affected).

Tutorials
>> thanks for the report. This is a content issue and has been fixed internally. There will be a further update later this week to sort out the tutorials.

Thank you for your quick action on the Tutorials. I await the new update that fixes the tutorials.
Also, thank you for your continued support of Apple products.

Last edited:
There are some Kickstarter 2 sessions with the same behavior: do not load and have to force quit:
1. 02 Local Freight
2. 03 Dispatchin'
3. 04 Multiplayer session

01 Highland Limited works ok.

Please consider fixing these along with the Tutorials fix.

Okay. I had to pull the plug on my desktop and the game wouldn't be able to force quit with these tutorials, but I'll do the built-in routes.

The same thing keeps happening as before! I found out I have 10.13.6. Why isn't it working?

Last edited:
v100308
>>
Tutorials

The patch to fix the tutorials (Mac build 100331) has fixed the Tutorials problem.
Thanks again for your quick and solid support.

I am trying to install the patch to fix the recent Mac problem. I have Safari Version 12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4). I get as far as TRS19 98569 to TRS 100331 then when I click on Apply Patch I receive the following message:-

Unable to create installation data temp folder (result:-10, dst:'/volumes/Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019/Patch Installer.

Any suggestions? Please bear in mind that I am not too technically minded! Thanks

I'm still stuck at a black screen with music only even after the trainz update to 100308 on OSX 10.14.4 as mentioned on my previous post. Any suggestions? It's now been 6 weeks. I will mention that I have an eGPU with a Radeon RX580 so not sure what difference that will play.

That is strange as there are no other reports of the fix not working.
Try resizing the window.
Try full screen at a low resolution
Failing that the fix is to wait for Apple to release 10.14.5 or join their beta to get that update.

Yeah I've tried every trick in the book like you mentioned above. It does open if i make the laptop screen the main display for Trainz. I'm guessing it's a driver issue with the eGPU and probably will have to wait for OSX to be updated. Funny you suggest the Beta program as i tried that last night and still the same result after going to BETA 10.14.5 release 4. In the meantime I'm running from Bootcamp....just not a windows guy!

Back