Mac Users - IMPORTANT - Mojave Mac OS 10.14.4 - Now Fixed

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Update April 18. We have released a patch for build 98569 that fixes this issue. Ensure your patch stream is set to TRS19. Steam update coming next week.

======================
Mac Users please note that Apple have released an update for their Mojave OS 10.14.4. (March 27),

This version of their OS causes TRS19 to render a "blank" screen in the game world (but does not affect TANE versions).

We are currently investigating a suitable fix which will be released asap. We will let you know in this thread as we know more about the solution and release plans.

There are two current options if you have updated your OS:
(i) Wait patiently until we release the fix (or Apple release an update that fixes the issue)
(ii) Restore a backup. Apple do not allow you to "revert" your OS, but if you have Time Machine backups, you can restore to a pre-update backup.

Interestingly their update caused the new Apple News app to crash (that is supposedly one of the main features of the update). Making software is a tough business!

Last edited:
I hope all those that complain about small N3V take note that a multi billion company like Apple can also have similar problems.

Just to let you know we're getting closer to a fix. Chris has identified the issue which relates to changes in the way context binds are handled (don't ask me what that really means ;).

He has created a workaround which avoids ever binding the main-thread context to the view, instead binding ONLY the draw-thread context. However there is more work to be done to support multiple windows.

Our goal is to get this fully supported and tested and get update out during the next week.

Issue is now fixed. We're working on updates for all versions of Mac and will get them out asap.

Rendering Issue fixed with patch100044 on Mojave 10.14.4 TRS 19 now rendering correct

Rendering Issue fixed with patch100044 on Mojave 10.14.4 TRS 19 now rendering correct, a big thank you to the Trainz Tech Support.

Mac Users please note that Apple have released an update for their Mojave OS 10.14.4. (March 27),

This version of their OS causes TRS19 to render a "blank" screen in the game world (but does not affect TANE versions).

We are currently investigating a suitable fix which will be released asap. We will let you know in this thread as we know more about the solution and release plans.

There are two current options if you have updated your OS:
(i) Wait patiently until we release the fix (or Apple release an update that fixes the issue)
(ii) Restore a backup. Apple do not allow you to "revert" your OS, but if you have Time Machine backups, you can restore to a pre-update backup.

Interestingly their update caused the new Apple News app to crash (that is supposedly one of the main features of the update). Making software is a tough business!

This patch is the Trainz Plus beta stream (for Gold Class members). We're working on patches for all versions and these should be out in the coming days.

Quick update - the patches are in final testing, and should be released in the coming days. Meanwhile, Apple have fixed the problem at their end with their beta 10.14.5 update just released. So you can join their beta and fix the issue now or wait for our fix in a few days.

Can't wait! My special needs son loves this game and needless to say hard to explain to him why it is not working. Thank you for your hard work!!!

We've released the update to fix the OSX render issue. This patch is available via the TRS19 stream.

It patches from TRS19 build 98569 to TRS19 build 100132, then after patching, you'll be prompted in-game to install simc:sc498 (3 parts).

This is related to some content changes we're in the process of introducing. If you don't see the prompt, click File > Download purchased assets then click Start Trainz.

Patch size is 1.9GB.

Thanks for your patience while we sorted out this issue.

I am sorry but I don't know exactly where TRS19 Stream is thanks funnnyfarm

When the patcher runs:

The process will check your install.

Ensure it's updating the right install if you have more than one (I got burned a few times with this).

Then the update builds come along in the scroll box...

Choose TRS19.

There are others in there sometimes, depending upon whether you've been beta testing, etc.

Each time hit next and put in your username and password if you have to.

That's pretty much the process I can remember offhand going by memory.

Congratulations and thanks to Tony, Chris and the N3V support team. Much appreciated for your quick and good work on this.

-Al

Back