Extremely IRRITATING HONKING NOISE!

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
Dear N3V,

I have done everything I know to do to eliminate the very aggravating honking sound that seems to emanate from the traffic. I have gone to every car in my region and silenced the car horns---- didn't help, or helped very little. I have looked at sounds from crossings and such but found no horn sounds. The roads and highways and streets have no car horn sounds built in. Can you guys help me?? Where oh where are these nerve-wracking and totally unnecessary car horns coming from??

Thank you,

Dave Snow

Dave I think it comes from cars being blocked by a train at crossings. The distance that the train must travel before it stops is WAY to far. At least I think this is what you are experiencing.

Cheers,
John

On a more serious note, I have also experienced the "honking" sounds which, like jkeenan above, I have attributed to the horns of impatient drivers at crossings, even when the cars have no horn sounds. It seems to be a built in added feature of (all??) crossings. Strangely there have been the odd cases that I have experienced where the honking still occurs even if there was no traffic waiting - ghost cars perhaps.

Since my routes do not use road traffic, it is usually not an issue for me.

Dave, I was very annoyed by this after purchasing the Nebraska route, and it was not just crossings, as the roads along the tracks had traffic that honked constantly. I thought I read a posting a while back that it was actually part of the REGION, and that you could change the region for the route to one that had no honking. I don't know if that is correct or not, I never got around to trying it, and I don't know what aspect of a region would actually cause the honking or if you could shut it off. FWIW.....

I agree, I've ran I 495 in rush hour and theres much less horns than this game has. It just ruins the immersion instead of enhancing it because
it's wayyyyy overdone and too much. It'd be nice to have a check box to turn it off. A box for birds too, they are unrealistically loud and
annoying as well.

Clair

I am working on the Cotton Belt Route changing all the textures to PBRs.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
The annoying honking is in a base asset <kuid:570470:100003> Sounds

Open for edit and they are in here .......... \editing\kuid 570470 100003 Sounds\sounds\cars

4 wav files suggest either replace with null sounds or edit in Audacity to reduce the volume.

The annoying honking is in a base asset <kuid:570470:100003> Sounds

Open for edit and they are in here .......... \editing\kuid 570470 100003 Sounds\sounds\cars

4 wav files suggest either replace with null sounds or edit in Audacity to reduce the volume.

Yep, clam, you are correct! I went on a search earlier this morning and found them... replaced them with my muted sounds (download here if anyone wants to use them: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AukwPy9C7K9SoCF5ozKSDwfUuucf ). Now I am once again a happy trainzer! No more horn sounds!!

You may have to go to: [ C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\resources\builtin\base\content\kuid 570470 100003\sounds\cars ] and change the files there if Content Manager won't let you change the kuid and commit.

Thanks Dave, very much appreciated.

I noticed lots of crazy horn blown on the Nebraska route, just like Forester 1. Then I noticed that some of the traffic was driving on the left side of the road and some was on the right side of the road. So, it seemed like the cars on the correct side were honking wildly at the cars that were coming at them in the same lane. Not sure that had anything to do with all the car horns.

Your files are greatly appreciated.

Heinrich505

Thank you malc and dave for this fix, much appreciated for you sorting it out.

One question to dave, are your .wav files free to redistribute? Not for profit of course.

My Tinitus Thanks you for a long sought remedy.......

:clap::clap:Thank you gentleman, for a sound I have wanted to quite or get rid of for years, and I guess I got used to it,,,,,,But this is so nice to not hear after today's remedy ........Silence is Golden in this case....Now I can concentrate more on Driving the Train!!!!!:Y::Y:

I am one who has the Ringing of the Ears for longer than I can remember so certain sounds do affect Tinnitus, of which there is no Cure. I will have it the rest of my life.......:eek:

:( Those who have it, will more than well understand what it does, and what it means in bifurcated ways of how it impacts Noise coming into as well as trying to hear certain sounds that are obscured by the Ringing sound?

Update: Friday,,,,,, May the Lord Bless you too Sir Dave Snow.....Then you know well how it feels.........

@ maruffijd

I know all too well how noisy those after burners can be.

Have many friends in all Branches of Service....Thank you sir for the dedicated service to our Country, God Bless you....

Last edited:
:clap::clap:Thank you gentleman, for a sound I have wanted to quite or get rid of for years, and I guess I got used to it,,,,,,But this is so nice to not hear after today's remedy ........Silence is Golden in this case....Now I can concentrate more on Driving the Train!!!!!:Y::Y:

I am one who has the Ringing of the Ears for longer than I can remember so certain sounds do affect Tinnitus, of which there is no Cure. I will have it the rest of my life.......:eek:

:( Those who have it, will more than well understand what it does, and what it means in bifurcated ways of how it impacts Noise coming into as well as trying to hear certain sounds that are obscured by the Ringing sound?

I know exactly what you’re saying Blue. I have tinnitus also.

Back