Extremely IRRITATING HONKING NOISE!

Since it has to be installed under the original author KUID, I can't.

Maybe I'll do a write up and offer the required files on my website in a couple days, when I get a chance...

I have done everything I know to do to eliminate the very aggravating honking sound that seems to emanate from the traffic.
Dave Snow

I bought the Nebraska route and was dumbfounded by the incessant horn honking. Way too much noise. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one.
Dave Z

I downloaded Dave Snow's three blank wav files, replaced the existing wav files, used his method to resubmit, and it worked. However, when I opened the route, much to my dismay, the horn sounds were still there. Is there possibly another source for these hornsounds?

Joe

I disabled the sounds of honking and church bells + some others. These things are ok but in moderation and with purpose.

DaveZ, I had that problem with the Nebraska route as well. I also had one route with a riverboat that could be heard playing "Dixie" all over the route. I managed to squelch that with Dave Snow's technique, I believe.

People's minds are a mystery; I do not comprehend what system of logic says that more noise is good and constant noise is even better.
Recently downloaded a 3ft gauge route set in old west which had constant gunfight sound audible over a substantial portion of the route. :eek: :(
Dude, this is trains, not a wargame, if I want war I'll watch the news.
Found the kuid on content manager and deleted it, forget if its name was gunfight or shootout.
Route has error message but still loads.

Had that riverboat on 2006/9 and was really disappointed by the power of that sound effect.

Have encountered a waterfall sound which can be heard from almost an entire baseboard away.
Really?
That is Needed?

Maybe the main problem is me, maybe if I wasn't over 55 I would be more appreciative of being flooded with constant noise.
Maybe the other problem is also me, maybe if I wasn't autistic I would be more appreciative of being deluged with non-required noises.

The original Rollins pass route had a bear in the middle of the woods that incessantly made sounds , I was doing a lot of editing and it drove me crazy. It was a swine to locate, had to delete vast swathes of forest before I could shut it up by deleting it. I also used some stumps , which were accompanied by bird noises . Since I was making a large logging section, I used many of them, had sound turned off in surveyor , went to test route in drive, nearly had my head blown off by the racket made by those birds multiplied by 100 , needless to say, I had to replace them all, I regularly have to go in and reduce wav files by 20 or 30 dB, so many creators don't seem to realise how loud their creations actually are, there's a really nice us truck that makes so much noise it can't be used en route as it's noise can be heard throughout an entire town ....and sheep that can be heard many miles away . It would be nice to have multi track sound editing capability in game...... also, one reason I could never drive diesels for a long distance,or the gas turbines,how do people put up with the noise levels for hours ?

Last edited:
Part of the problem is sounds change or rather how they propagate seems to change version to version.

I've said it before, sound is the red headed bastard fostered stepchild of this franchise. It's there, but nobody seems to really take any time to give it any real attention. I feel a lot of the assets should have the variables taken out of the creators hands. That would introduce some consistency to the various ambient sound in the game.

Track sound is my fav, is it on the bogies or the track? Or both? Or neither?

Back