Whats the deal with Invisible Track Bumps, anyway?

Renocerous

I have been trainzing for a while and have noticed Invisible Track Bumps in the Trackmark menu and I was wondering what they were for. Does anyone know?

Thanks, Renocerous:D

Hi Renocerous
These allow you to place a 'bump' or 'dip' in the track, for the train motion (sway) system in Trainz.

A good example of this would be to place one where you want to have a 'mud pit' (where the ballast has mixed with dirt, and turned the whole lot to mud, making the track drop down under the train). Another example might be where you have raised dirty to cover the track a little (ie a dirt road crossing the track), and want the train to 'bump' around a little when it passes over this section.

I'm sure others have found uses for these as well. It should be noted that junctions (turnouts/points) will automatically cause the train to bump/sway, as will level crossing objects.

Regards
Zec

Take note on the rail crossings. There is a "bump". It is excessive. Is there a way to reduce that?, or make it user sensibility adjustable?

Take note on the rail crossings. There is a "bump". It is excessive. Is there a way to reduce that?, or make it user sensibility adjustable?
If one is willing to use the ATLS system, Do NOT attach the crossing to the active rails. I get zero bump going over it in a train.

Hi Llebrez
I have entered a task for this to be looked at, but I can't say when that may be at this stage.

Regards

I'm very glad I saw this thread!

I've just re-issued my (atls) UK style level crossings. I've been pulling my hair out trying to find out why the new ones make the train 'jump' as they enter them.

The old ones didn't do it and they are exactly the same base mesh! Did I move one of the attchment points up accidentally?

The answer is that the old crossings are 'Buildable' assets and the new ones are true 'Crossing' assets which have this new 'feature'. Not my fault at all then!

Thank you Zec for getting it looked at.

Boat, (Mike)

To be fair, where I live, trains bounce a lot when going over a specific railroad crossing in Emmaus, PA. So it's at least somewhat realistic.

.... where I live, trains bounce a lot when going over ...

You're pointing to the exact reason, @janathan, why this needs to become a modifiable variable in Trainz. Where you live, trains bounce. Where I live, track is constructed with the utmost care to the highest standards. That includes the construction of level (grade, road) crossings that have minimal bearing on track position.

Where I live, trains do not bounce over crossings. Rubber-tired automobiles, lorries and buses do.

So Zec, I second that intention to re-examine this.

Back