Moving TS19 Program to SSD

pitkin

I just copied the installation folder in Program Files to SSD. ( This is the folder with the TRS19.exe ). Set a new shortcut. After entering my login credentials (which were for some reason missing), TRS19 will start, but most of the routes are missing. There must be some other folder somewhere? I thought Trainz did not use the registry. Changed the install directory to the SSD, and not the game will not authorize.

Thanks

Edit: Got it back OK. Trainz apparently created a new database with little in it. Had to set the pointers back to the good one.

Last edited:
I just copied the installation folder in Program Files to SSD. ( This is the folder with the TRS19.exe ). Set a new shortcut. After entering my login credentials (which were for some reason missing), TRS19 will start, but most of the routes are missing.
The folder where the data (such as routes) is stored is the folder referenced in the Local Data Folder item in the Install tab of the Settings pane of the Launcher screen. That was probably originally 'C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\<some random folder name>'. You need to look at what the folder name now is in Settings: that folder was probably created when you moved the installation files, and contains only the supplied default routes. Once you have worked out what the original folder was and what the new folder is, you need to move the original folder to the new location, and update the settings value to refer to it. Then delete the new one.

Back