Trainz Plus Beta 2 - 99813/99811

No sound here either PC 99813.
>> This is the only report we've had of no sound in the PC version, so more likely to be your settings/system.

May be not.
I have now switched to my PC (since the latest TRS19 Plus Beta is unusable in macOS 10.14.4).
I'm running build 99813 and I also have no sound. My sound device tests OK in Windows 10.
Looking at the logs I see that they're swamped with messages like

World.NativePlaySound> Cannot find asset '<kuid2:578474:100044:1> "ES44AC Tier 4 Locomotive CP" in scene

and similar for other sound producing assets. The above kuid and others similarly referred to in the logs are built-in asset in TRS19, so something is not right here.

Edit: sound has returned (after watching a cab ride on Youtube), but the above log messages keep coming at the rate of one each second. Curious.

Last edited:
Hotkeys for realistic mode controls are being worked on currently.

Mac Users - the Mojave Mac OS 10.14.4 Beta has now been made public. Sadly Apple have not fixed the issue that causes TRS19 to render a "blank" screen in the game world.

Chris is taking a look at a suitable fix which will be released asap (we will let you know more about that as we know more about the solution).

This issue affects all Mac versions of TRS19, but not TANE.

Build 99911 for Mac installed... still grey screen in macOS 10.14.4 but now with sound. That's progress.

Now for something completely different, build 99813 on my PC with the same Radeon Pro Vega 56 eGPU that I'm sharing with my Mac.
(Sadly, TRS19 on my Mac is not playable presently, see above.)

My own sessions in 99813 invariably crash after a while, so I thought to try some (original) Kickstarter sessions:

1. Trees for Life starts OK but at the first X-over junction the screen freezes and becomes corrupt. Repeatability 100%.

2. Fossil Fuels starts OK but the screen freezes and becomes corrupt when entering the yard with the waiting coal consist. Repeatability 100%.

I haven't seen others with similar experience, so I'm suspecting a Radeon Pro Vega 56 issue. Windows 10 says that the firmware for this card is
up-to-date.

I would like to hear from other PC-users with the Vega 56 card.

UPDATE:
Installed an NVidia GTX1070 in that eGPU, and now everything works OK. Build 99912 makes no difference.
My conclusion so far: TRS19 on the PC does not like Radeon Pro Vega 56. Mind you, on the Mac it's just the reverse.

Last edited:
TRS19 Build 99912 (PC)

* Portals do not consume
* ctrl+ (strictly ctrl=, i.e. no shift) no longer selects next driver (though ctrl- selects previous driver OK)

Peter.

Last edited:
On my route i have sections of track I can't delete or I can't add any trackside objects too ( ex.trackmark signals) anyone else having this issue and does anyone know how to fix it.

You may be right taken literally, since an UnPortal by its very name isn't a portal.
Yet, the UnPortal-2 assets that I use in my sessions (in build 99912) consume trains just fine.:cool:

I said "Portals do not consume" and I meant Portals not Unportals. I am using the good old bog-standard Portal Basic <kuid2:30501:22006:3> and that consumes (and emits) just fine in TRS19 build 98592 (which I have gone back to for route development since I can't get any work done with these and other problems in the beta.

Peter.

Last edited:
Just a question: how do you stop the world from rotating on its own? It spins until I get sick to my stomach!!!!:D

Use your keyboard and right-mouse button. I move about using the right-mouse button and use the arrows on the keyboard as needed. I've done this for years and works well enough for me to prevent the vertigo from happening.

Any idea why this happens?

I have no idea. It's happened with TS12 as well and T:ANE on occasion. The only thing I can think of is the mouse controls buffer gets flooded and the system locks up.

Running in a window and clicking on the desktop seems to help, and so does saving or pressing escape to bring up the exit from Surveyor menu. If I don't want to exit, I'll press cancel and go back in and continue fine.

Thanks for all the responses. Indeed a strange phenomenon. Just upgraded my GPU to GTX 1660 Ti and I must say, TRS19 is working quite well!

Chuck

Running in a window and clicking on the desktop seems to help, and so does saving or pressing escape to bring up the exit from Surveyor menu. If I don't want to exit, I'll press cancel and go back in and continue fine.

If the mouse cursor runs off the window in the middle of some operations, the system does not see the mouse-up event, and assumes the button is still pressed with the cursor way off at the side. One fix is to make sure the mouse cursor is back in the window, and repeat the action, but Esc usually works OK.

Downloaded and installed fine but every time I go into Surveyor I get the Drivers Menu instead of the Surveyor menu at the to of the screen

That is correct behaviour - it is the new "Surveyor Menu Bar". It provides access to the various tools that used to be listed in the System Menu, along with new options such as the new cameras.

i am still having problems with performance. spline point inserting doesn't work right, i have to click over and over and eventually a spline point will work,laying track works, but deleting is a problem. i am on build 99912.

I am having the same problems as described by nugget2225. I guess I have to send the feedback people another message!

i am still having problems with performance. spline point inserting doesn't work right, i have to click over and over and eventually a spline point will work,laying track works, but deleting is a problem. i am on build 99912.

I am having the same problems as described by nugget2225. I guess I have to send the feedback people another message!

I had that issue as well and thought my track was corrupt (again) so I opened it for edit and reverted it. That fixed the problem temporarily, but then yesterday I couldn't place a signal on a small section of track while other parts around it are fine.

Back