Trainz Plus Beta 2 - 99813/99811

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Our 2nd (and most likely final) Beta update is now ready for all our Gold Class members to check out. (Actually - 6pm AEST).

Patches are available from:
99592 > 99618 > 99813 (PC)
99569 > 99811 (Mac)

Update Instructions:

• Ensure your Gold Class Membership is active (if you don't have one there's $5 off your first month at the moment )
  • Take a backup of your current version of TRS19
  • Launch TRS19
  • Click Trainz Settings > Install Tab
  • Click "Change Trainz Update Stream"
  • Follow the prompts and click "Change Stream"
  • Select "Trainz Plus" from the list, then OK and Done.
  • Now click on "Check for Trainz Updates"
  • Follow the prompts to update.

Known Issues:

• The build has "Assertions Enabled" and so will provide certain developer related information via messages. Generally you can just click Continue and carry on.
  • File > "Install purchased items from Disk" is showing but not currently enabled
  • TANE icon appears on the Windows taskbar
  • Portals not working in this build

To all our testers who have submitted reports, thanks for your feedback so far. But there are hundreds who have updated, but only a handful have written in - please don't be shy!

Please email us at feedback@n3vgames.com even if only to say how much you're enjoying the new cameras!

Last edited:
so far so good, most all my problems are fixed. i did have one crash on first start up, the other issue is with the controls. Both the field of view modifier and movement speed modifier are bound to left control with no way to change them, it simply will not let you change either one to keep them from being red. i am assuming my raildriver could have been causing some issues. i hope this gets fixed. outside of that, amazing work. :)

Only 15 minutes into the update and the scrolling for database rebuild and precaching as well as downloading from the DLS is back. The blurries when moving from view to view is also gone.

First bug I found is when looking at the map, trying to change a switch, when I click on them they disappear after throwing the switch, when I click the area where they are again, they throw the switch again and re-appear.

Upgraded to build 99811 (Mac version): copy/paste works again in Surveyor when editing session rules, that's good news.

Running one of my sessions now: looks very good, those new camera angles are very good. But while I'm watching my session
unfold there's a nagging feeling that something is amiss, and then it hits: NO SOUND...???

I'm checking my system sounds - fine, didn't hit the mute button by mistake. I'm checking the Sound settings in Driver - seem fine
(set at max). Could it be my session (how then?). Running Kickstarter Fossil Fuels, just to be sure, no sound either.

Is this a bug?

P.S. Bug report submitted.

Last edited:
No Sound here either

Upgraded to build 99811 (Mac version): copy/paste works again in Surveyor when editing session rules, that's good news.

Running one of my sessions now: looks very good, those new camera angles are very good. But while I'm watching my session
unfold there's a nagging feeling that something is amiss, and then it hits: NO SOUND...???

I'm checking my system sounds - fine, didn't hit the mute button by mistake. I'm checking the Sound settings in Driver - seem fine
(set at max). Could it be my session (how then?). Running Kickstarter Fossil Fuels, just to be sure, no sound either.

Is this a bug?

P.S. Bug report submitted.
problem happening here too

"First bug I found is when looking at the map, trying to change a switch, when I click on them they disappear after throwing the switch, when I click the area where they are again, they throw the switch again and re-appear."
>>
Not seeing this here - can I check I have got the steps right?
1. Map view in Driver
2. Map display options - Junctions On
3. Click on a junction to change it
4. The arrows disappear [not happening here - they do pulse on mouseover though]
5. Click the switch again and the arrows reappear.

Mac sound
>>
Very sorry about that one.

Both the field of view modifier and movement speed modifier are bound to left control with no way to change them, it simply will not let you change either one to keep them from being red.
>>
Checking on that thanks. (The first one modifies mousewheel only, so they are independent).

"First bug I found is when looking at the map, trying to change a switch, when I click on them they disappear after throwing the switch, when I click the area where they are again, they throw the switch again and re-appear."
>>
Not seeing this here - can I check I have got the steps right?
1. Map view in Driver
2. Map display options - Junctions On
3. Click on a junction to change it
4. The arrows disappear [not happening here - they do pulse on mouseover though]
5. Click the switch again and the arrows reappear.

I downloaded the latest nVidia drivers and the problem went away.

I'm sure I will enjoy them when I get access in a couple of years.

+1. These guys really need their own sub forum, private or otherwise, if only to avoid confusing standard owners and to avoid any perceived antagonism from same, too.

Bug found and report submitted:

Raise terrain at the edge of a baseboard and there's an empty space below as the surface disconnects from the fascia.

Thinking it was only going to occur on old maps, I tested this on a new map, and it did the same thing.

Raising terrain on edge of map does this.jpg Raising terrain on edge of map does this on new map too.jpg

No sound here either PC 99813. Also crashed to desktop twice when zooming in and out using mouse-wheel in driver.

I don't have time to debug right now how do I get back to the normal TRS19 build? I changed the stream back, but no re-installation happened.

Peter.

No sound here either PC 99813.
>> This is the only report we've had of no sound in the PC version, so more likely to be your settings/system.

Also crashed to desktop twice when zooming in and out using mouse-wheel in driver.
>> First report of this as well.
Is this repeatable, and if so, does the same action crash on a different map?
Which mode where you in when doing this?

I don't have time to debug right now how do I get back to the normal TRS19 build? I changed the stream back, but no re-installation happened.
>> There is no patch backwards. Hopefully you backed up your build, or simply made a copy as recommended in our update steps?

WARNING Mac users!
I just upgraded to macOS Mojave 10.14.4 and now Starting Trainz (build 99811) from the Launcher window results in a grey screen.

Bug report submitted.

Cab brakes don't apply. I can lap them, and loco brakes apply fine.

But using key press for Cab train brakes does nothing. Even with the key remapped. Releases & Laps fine, but will not apply with any key press.

EDIT: Hmm, more randomness. When doing some yard switching, once coupled to cars, brakes applied but directly to full. When uncouple, still apply, but only to full. If switch to another train, no brakes. Couple to a train, brakes again, but still straight to full. No gradual increase.

EDIT2: wow.. so random. I paused to go bathroom, unpause, and brakes work again just fine... Something really fishy..

Last edited:
Back