Enhanced Manager Rule from DLS is "Third Party"

pware

Trainz Veteran
I have downloaded and installed <kuid2:61392:8130:61> IT Enhanced Manager rule (SP2 and later) from the DLS onto two different TRS19 (non-subscription) versions (build 98592) on two different computers and both CMs are reporting the asset as status "Third Party". Both also downloaded (from the DLS) and installed <kuid2:61392:8190:61> EnhancedInterlockingTowers library (SP2 and later) which is also marked as "Third Party". Is this a "known issue" and something that I should be concerned about?

I have downloaded and installed <kuid2:61392:8130:61> IT Enhanced Manager rule (SP2 and later) from the DLS onto two different TRS19 (non-subscription) versions (build 98592) on two different computers and both CMs are reporting the asset as status "Third Party".
Version 61 is not listed as available, so it will have a status of 3rd party. It looks like the asset exists but is not yet in the index. Perhaps it will get the correct status when it makes it into the index.

Version 61 is not listed as available, so it will have a status of 3rd party. It looks like the asset exists but is not yet in the index. Perhaps it will get the correct status when it makes it into the index.

Thanks, a very plausible explanation. The irony is that I was downloading :60 (which is listed) when CM immediately switched to downloading :61 instead. It then listed :60 as "Available for download, Obsolete"

Hi.

May be you have not already noticed, but when you upload a new version to DLS and your new version asset has been just validated by N3V DLS saying it will be available for everyone in the next 24 hours, the new version is made already available as a “third party” asset and the previous version is flagged as obsolete.

So, and this is true for all assets, if you download an asset currently being updated in its initial 24 hours, you will always retrieve a thir party asset. This will last only for 24 hours max ; when your installation will update its index later during the 24 hours period the asset will return to its normal state “installed from DLS”.

For your information, there is a version 61 update for EIT, MCM and STT currently in its 24 update period. These update brings mostly a few fixes on some problems reported last month with version 60 and a few enhancement to MCM and STT user interface.

Regards.
Pierre.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update Pierre. I will wait for a day or so to see what happens with my :61 versions.

Waited overnight and just checked (this morning local time) and the assets are now showing as "Installed from DLS".

Back