Is there on the DLS grab irons

fourteen

is there on the DLS a mesh? for grab irons for the side of a locomotive? I tryed to look but did not see any, maybe under diifernt name maybe? Thanks.

In my experience modeling mostly electrics but also some diesels and a steamer, while the patterns are similar, placement is nearly unique to each class of locomotive. Even for standardized steamers like USRAs there would be a great deal of variance in position. You'd have to make each grab iron a separate mesh (with LODs to turn it off in all but the closest views) and position them, even using rotation for those on the opposite side since exact width of cabs and boilers is different. (And that wouldn't work for those attached at an angle since only rotation, not mirror-imaging, is supported in configs.)

Frankly, I don't think this is a realistic possibility.

I'm not sure why this would be useful... If you explained why you wanted them then perhaps more help might be available.

i want to put them on a a couple older diesal units front rear etc that do not have them on right now to bring them up to a better standard/look.

pencil42 will take a look at them and see if it works, worse case i guess i could get the correct programs etc and figure out how to make them.

kinda got it working, expect cant figure out the texture part very well and how to get the texture to export with the mesh, the manual is not hepfull on that part.

after trail and error i can sometimes get the textures to show up on them, and even got a box to show up in game lol. not sure if there is a easier way to get the graphices to show up on the mesh.

Last edited:
Back