How do you copy orders in schedule library.

skyedog2012

Hi
I wish to know if there is a way to copy orders from 1 Schedule Library to another Schedule Library. I had to add another instance of the file in the session that I am running because I tried to add more orders, it would allow me to add them but would not save them. So I think I have reached the limit of how many orders I can have. I tried to open both files in surveyor but it would only allow one to be opened at the same time.

Is there a way to copy orders out of surveyor say using a text editor?

The session I am running has 44 AI steam locos and each one needs a refueling order only because of the re-coupling of the lead truck.

Hi
I wish to know if there is a way to copy orders from 1 Schedule Library to another Schedule Library. I had to add another instance of the file in the session that I am running because I tried to add more orders, it would allow me to add them but would not save them. So I think I have reached the limit of how many orders I can have. I tried to open both files in surveyor but it would only allow one to be opened at the same time.
Is there a way to copy orders out of surveyor say using a text editor?
The session I am running has 44 AI steam locos and each one needs a refueling order only because of the re-coupling of the lead truck.

Hi, It's relatively straight forward.

Firstly create your new session, name it and save it; then close the session.

Then open the particular session of the route that you wish to copy from. In the Main Menu, open Edit Session, right-click Schedule Library and select 'Copy'. Close this session - no need to save.

Open the 'new' session, then in the Main Menu, open Edit Session. In the body of that page, right click and select 'Paste'. This will now display a new Schedule Library which includes every driver and all the commands from the original session. You can now edit those or delete what you don't want.

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks, Roy

That helped a lot it wasn't between seasons it was in the same season. So now I have Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 with the extra orders I couldn't fit in Schedule 1. Didn't think of going back 1 Step and copying the whole file instead of individual orders.

Thanks Again
Skyedog2012

Back