What is source of unexpected calls for commodity assets in newly created KS2 session?

1611mac

- - . -
I've completed my first session done mainly for learning purposes. It's a Kickstarter 2 session with a goal to use KS2 assets only. To double check my use of assets I exported a .cdp and I dropped it into a special install (build folder) which contains the base install only. (TRS19 app and KS2).

After the .cdp install, I had a number of "Commodities" show as "Available for download." They are items that I did not use in my session. Things like Aluminum Ingot, Aluminum Sheets, Coking Coal, Garbage Bulk, etc.

How did these get into my session? The items don't show in any of the industries processes or queues I setup.

I created my session from scratch via "Create Session" in KS2.

How did these get into my session? The items don't show in any of the industries processes or queues I setup.
It doesn't matter whether or not they are used in the session. If the session includes a traincar or industry that could use the commodity then it is a required dependency.

But if I have only the train cars and industries from a basic app/Kickstarter 2 install, the dependencies should be there. ie. I am using only assets from the base install, thus, all dependencies should already be installed. I introduced no train or industry not already in the KS2 install. I will double check everything just to verify.

I introduced no train or industry not already in the KS2 install.

You can find out what assets are requiring these additional downloads using the 'List Dependants' option from the right-click menu in Content Manager. I would expect that you will see that they are required in the session, so you need to look at which of the other assets that require them are used in your session.

You can find out what assets are requiring these additional downloads using the 'List Dependants' option from the right-click menu in Content Manager. I would expect that you will see that they are required in the session, so you need to look at which of the other assets that require them are used in your session.

Thanks much. Yes, I've been using the "list recursively" on the set and not individually. I should have thought of that. Simple solution. I suspect I dropped in a few pieces of rolling stock that should not be there. I am amazed at how easy it is to use assets outside of the scope you wish. I had a rule I had downloaded and used, Drivers, etc. Found those right away as they were quite obvious.

Thanks again to those replying to my request.

Back