Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prussian Railways

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    Thanks for that link Javier! All sorts of good stuff there.
    Nice to have been able to help you in your search.

Hugs, Javier

Thanks you again Javier!

These don't have anything to do with Prussian Railways but I dearly love handcars but thecowboy's one man was the only one I had found

And Rubik did one! A two man one at that! Happy, happy!

And

he has a couple of rail bikes to go with martinvk's velocipede. Joy, joy!

(and they all work!)
    Dear Oklahoma,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

Nice little dishes!

Rubik really has very interesting things on his page, for example gas cars for the I and II eps.
    I think it is worth representing the whole process of that gas in Trainz. I'll tell you tomorrow.

Hugs

LOL! Trying to figure out a good setting for Duke Nukem!

Default The gas for coachs ilumination

In the old trains the interior lighting in the cars was gas.
    The manufacture of this gas was done by processing coal in existing "gas factories" in the majority of important cities, since the streets were illuminated with the aforementioned gas that came through pipes.

As you can see in the scheme, the gas was transported in special wagons to the stations where it was loaded in passenger cars.

Passenger cars had gas tanks on the roof or under the frame. The cargo was made with hoses from the special wagons.
    Normally the coachs had a raised section at the top of the roof where the gas lamps were.

In Trainz it is not difficult to represent this because there are gasometers (articulated gas tanks) and factory buildings.

I show you some images of all the above.

Regards, Javier

United States of America, California, Port Hueneme

I am old now. I remember having traveled in southern Spain on passenger cars fitted with gas or acetylene lamps. You could hear someone walking on the roof of the car lighting them. Two axle passenger cars. Train in motion! Your pictures are from "modern" cars. The ones I remember had doors on each compartment.

Quote Originally Posted by llebrez View Post
    I am old now. I remember having traveled in southern Spain on passenger cars fitted with gas or acetylene lamps. You could hear someone walking on the roof of the car lighting them. Two axle passenger cars. Train in motion! Your pictures are from "modern" cars. The ones I remember had doors on each compartment.
    Although, since the 20s or 30s of the last century, cars with gas lighting were no longer manufactured, it is possible that in the "deep south" of Spain some car with acetylene lighting survived until the 50s or 60s.

Regards, Javier

Ah, yes, gasworks should be possible to create, there are parts on the DLS. The KpEV rolling stock on the DLS seems to fit fairly well with Rubik's stuff I'd say.

There is quite a bit of PKP rolling stock that fits this era too as well as some DR/DB.
    Last edited by normhart; December 16th, 2019 at 04:09 PM.
    Dear Oklahoma,
    With Love,
    California.

You have really expanded the stock Kpev with Rubik's material.

Santa also brings some surprise ......

There is some more prussian rolling stack at trainz.luvr.net.

<kuid2:88421:18223:2> KPEV Rm Berlin
    <kuid2:88421:18243:2> KPEV Rm Berlin Bremshaus
    Both at https://trainz.luvr.net/projects-view.php?pid=737

<kuid:88421:4983584> KPEV Güterzugpackwagen (Pwg)
    At https://trainz.luvr.net/projects-view.php?pid=711

KPEV T6 with the new freight cars

Peter

Nice p-dehnert, thanks! There are quite a few DRG and DR assets from KillerKrabbe on that site too. Most are going to need some work but... nice.

With the new KpEV Tank Car from fant_autentico that brings the KpEV freight rolling stock to eight.
    Dear Oklahoma,
    With Love,
    California.

P-dehnert, Thank you very much for those links.

Norm, how many old-fashioned!

Since there are only three KpEV locomotives and I've found that KpEV apparently operated in what the German folks appear to refer to as the first epoch I think it is likely that those rail cars from the first and second epoch would most likely have been found on the Prussian railway. I'm not sure how many would have survived into the third epoch. So my basis for selection for now is if they have a short carriage and spoked wheels they probably would have been seen on Prussian rails. If they have a long carriage and spoked wheels they might have been seen on Prussian rails. If they have a long carriage and solid wheels it is less likely they were on Prussian rails and if they have trucks then probably not. That gives me a good selection of rail cars to operate with, I think.

So, KpEV, early PKP, early DRG, and, possibly, some early DR/DB. I may remount stuff I like on spoked wheels just for fun.
    Last edited by normhart; December 17th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
    Dear Oklahoma,
    With Love,
    California.

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    Since there are only three KpEV locomotives and I've found that KpEV apparently operated in what the German folks appear to refer to as the first epoch I think it is likely that those rail cars from the first and second epoch would most likely have been found on the Prussian railway. I'm not sure how many would have survived into the third epoch. So my basis for selection for now is if they have a short carriage and spoked wheels they probably would have been seen on Prussian rails. If they have a long carriage and spoked wheels they might have been seen on Prussian rails. If they have a long carriage and solid wheels it is less likely they were on Prussian rails and if they have trucks then probably not. That gives me a good selection of rail cars to operate with, I think.

So, KpEV, early PKP, early DRG, and, possibly, some early DR/DB. I may remount stuff I like on spoked wheels just for fun.
    Spoke wheels yes, spoke wheels no; smart selection.
    We level up the game ?, railcars, electrics locomotives?

Look at this link on the bigtrain1 page https://bigtrain1.jimdofree.com/mein...ollmaterial-2/

More items KPEV, a delicious steam railcar ....... and on the DLS.
    The author is Konni, name "Kittel Dampftriebwagen", Kuid 2:142675:500140:1

Regards, Javier