Prussian Railways

Good morning Normhart.

There is a website with rolling stocks of the Kkstb or Austrian-Hungarian railways.
Being from the same era I think they will serve you for the Prussian railways.

Regards, Javier

https://trainz.rubikovo.name/index.php?cat=0

kkstb.jpg

Very interesting thread. It is interesting that the largest rail net in Europe at the time gets so little love. I am a history buff (aren't we all?). I have a particular fascination with WWI. I would think that those of use who are more operations minded would love to model some aspect of the mobilization in Germany/Prussia/Bavaria. During the opening week there were 40-50 car trains crossing the Rhine on the then new Remagen Bridge every 10 min! All against a minutely detailed plan. I have been unable to determine if the time tables for the Schlieffen plan are existent. The intellectuals on the German General Staff were in the railroad department. I have thought that the first two weeks in August 1914 in some place like Aachen or Metz might have been the greatest display of steam power every assembled. As an aside modeling a section of the front later in the war would make an interesting 2 or 3 board model. due to the static nature of the war, both sides laid down extensive temporary networks of rails to support the operations at the front. I have come across almost nothing about these operations other than just mentioning their existence.

Hi Normhart, I bought the three KPEV locomotives you mentioned and I need help.
The BR 94 that are the ones that interested me I can not load them because they have an error .........

PFXEmitterTwinkles Spec :: Init> No attachment point specified ".

Yours are in the screenshots, didn't they have that error or did you fix it?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Regards, Javier

Very interesting thread. It is interesting that the largest rail net in Europe at the time gets so little love. I am a history buff (aren't we all?). I have a particular fascination with WWI. I would think that those of use who are more operations minded would love to model some aspect of the mobilization in Germany/Prussia/Bavaria. During the opening week there were 40-50 car trains crossing the Rhine on the then new Remagen Bridge every 10 min! All against a minutely detailed plan. I have been unable to determine if the time tables for the Schlieffen plan are existent. The intellectuals on the German General Staff were in the railroad department. I have thought that the first two weeks in August 1914 in some place like Aachen or Metz might have been the greatest display of steam power every assembled. As an aside modeling a section of the front later in the war would make an interesting 2 or 3 board model. due to the static nature of the war, both sides laid down extensive temporary networks of rails to support the operations at the front. I have come across almost nothing about these operations other than just mentioning their existence.

I really like the story.
The origins of the WWI are most unfortunate.

As for the Schlieffen plan, as Von Moltke said ...
No plan survives contact with the enemy :confused::'(

Regards

An explanation of the problem, and how to fix it is here (in german): https://www.trainz.de/forum/thread/384-deutsche-dampflokomotiven/?postID=3786#post3786

Some of the SLW locomotives have the attachment points missing in some smoke containers. To fix it
- open the config.txt of the locomotive
- find the smoke container with the error
- look at the previous smoke container for the name of the attachment point
- increment the number of the attachment point by 1, and insert it in the faulty smoke container
- save the modified config.txt, and submit the change
example:
- smoke7 is faulty
- in smoke6 the attachment point is called a.smoke19
- the attachment point for smoke7 should be a.smoke20

This did fix the smoke problem for all my SLW locomotives.

Peter

Beat me to it Peter, :)

For the KPEV locos I found that deleting the entire smoke17 and smoke29 sections worked.

Deleting a smoke container usually disables all following smoke effect. The smoke effects must be numbered in an unbroken sequence.

Peter

Deleting a smoke container usually disables all following smoke effect. The smoke effects must be numbered in an unbroken sequence.

Peter

I did not know that Peter, heavens know how many "fixed" locomotives I'm going to have to revisit. :eek: Thanks, I think.

Thank you very much for the explanations, Peter and Normhart, every day I learn a new thing.:eek::D
I had to eliminate from smoke14 to smoke38 and .... eureka !, they work.

BR94 is one of the steam locomotives that I like best.
Thanks again, colleagues.:Y:

Regards, Javier.

Thanks you again Javier!

These don't have anything to do with Prussian Railways but I dearly love handcars but thecowboy's one man was the only one I had found

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

And Rubik did one! A two man one at that! Happy, happy!

And

he has a couple of rail bikes to go with martinvk's velocipede. :D Joy, joy!

(and they all work!)

Nice little dishes! :hehe:

Rubik really has very interesting things on his page, for example gas cars for the I and II eps.
I think it is worth representing the whole process of that gas in Trainz. I'll tell you tomorrow. :eek:;)

Hugs

The gas for coachs ilumination

In the old trains the interior lighting in the cars was gas.
The manufacture of this gas was done by processing coal in existing "gas factories" in the majority of important cities, since the streets were illuminated with the aforementioned gas that came through pipes.

gas-coachs.jpg

As you can see in the scheme, the gas was transported in special wagons to the stations where it was loaded in passenger cars.

Passenger cars had gas tanks on the roof or under the frame. The cargo was made with hoses from the special wagons.
Normally the coachs had a raised section at the top of the roof where the gas lamps were.

In Trainz it is not difficult to represent this because there are gasometers (articulated gas tanks) and factory buildings.

I show you some images of all the above.

Regards, Javier

Frabrica-antigua-PEQ-1.png

tipandgasometer-DSC0418.jpg

R-114-ST.jpg

mza-a-361.jpg

0680-P-P-o.jpg

I am old now. I remember having traveled in southern Spain on passenger cars fitted with gas or acetylene lamps. You could hear someone walking on the roof of the car lighting them. Two axle passenger cars. Train in motion! Your pictures are from "modern" cars. The ones I remember had doors on each compartment.

I am old now. I remember having traveled in southern Spain on passenger cars fitted with gas or acetylene lamps. You could hear someone walking on the roof of the car lighting them. Two axle passenger cars. Train in motion! Your pictures are from "modern" cars. The ones I remember had doors on each compartment.

Although, since the 20s or 30s of the last century, cars with gas lighting were no longer manufactured, it is possible that in the "deep south" of Spain some car with acetylene lighting survived until the 50s or 60s.

Regards, Javier

00180-01112017.jpg

norte-a-41-b.jpg

Ah, yes, gasworks should be possible to create, there are parts on the DLS. The KpEV rolling stock on the DLS seems to fit fairly well with Rubik's stuff I'd say.

There is quite a bit of PKP rolling stock that fits this era too as well as some DR/DB.

Last edited:
Back