Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prussian Railways

Quote Originally Posted by euromodeller View Post
    Your wish is nearly granted, some of his old stock is available again, not certain from the photos on the site if KPEV is included, maybe you could drop them an email?

http://steamlocomotiveworks.eu/

NOTE..DO NOT OPEN THE OLD ADDRESS (.com) IT HAS BEEN HACKED

edited to add, I wonder if his big surprise free gift is the KPEV stock?
    So, if you spend 50 Euros you get

48 locomotives, Railroads include DR, DRB, and PKP. There is one set of narrow gauge locomotives included.

Does not include any KPEV rolling stock but does include one water column.

Edit: New offers now available.
    Last edited by normhart; December 8th, 2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Dear Kentucky,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

I have all 300 models, I bought the last minute collective offer which included everything, old and new for 33 Euros. Hadn't got round to installing them in TRS19 so going to doing that now to see if there are any issues.

At the time it was too good a bargain to miss!

I do have, the KPEVs sorry guys ;o)

Edit: Ouch!

Got a an awful lot of errors in TRS19, mainly on the older stuff, missing attachment points not in the smoke entries, either don't exist or missed out in the configs, which have been obviously copied with the same errors, faulty interiors, as in a lever lever given a non existing attachment point, seems all easily fixable though.

Found one where the tfx files are missing!
    Last edited by clam1952; March 20th, 2019 at 12:35 PM.
    Malc

That really was a bargain to good to miss! Yeah I had many with the missing attachment in the config and most of the tenders needed some TLC too, but still, even at a $1.25 per loco, a good deal.
    Dear Kentucky,
    With Love,
    California.

I finally started updating Kolej Bystrzycka mainly concentrating on plants and cars at this point, some before and afters.

Dear Kentucky,
    With Love,
    California.

It has come to my attention that SLW has new offers available including the Prussian locomotives http://steamlocomotiveworks.eu/ Click on Special Offers on the right, find KPEV Pack.

I can't be sure this will work but it is worth a try.

Last edited by normhart; December 8th, 2019 at 04:16 PM.
    Dear Kentucky,
    With Love,
    California.

Good morning Normhart.

There is a website with rolling stocks of the Kkstb or Austrian-Hungarian railways.
    Being from the same era I think they will serve you for the Prussian railways.

Regards, Javier

https://trainz.rubikovo.name/index.php?cat=0

Very interesting thread. It is interesting that the largest rail net in Europe at the time gets so little love. I am a history buff (aren't we all?). I have a particular fascination with WWI. I would think that those of use who are more operations minded would love to model some aspect of the mobilization in Germany/Prussia/Bavaria. During the opening week there were 40-50 car trains crossing the Rhine on the then new Remagen Bridge every 10 min! All against a minutely detailed plan. I have been unable to determine if the time tables for the Schlieffen plan are existent. The intellectuals on the German General Staff were in the railroad department. I have thought that the first two weeks in August 1914 in some place like Aachen or Metz might have been the greatest display of steam power every assembled. As an aside modeling a section of the front later in the war would make an interesting 2 or 3 board model. due to the static nature of the war, both sides laid down extensive temporary networks of rails to support the operations at the front. I have come across almost nothing about these operations other than just mentioning their existence.
    Thanks
    Lonnie
    Trainz since 2006
    Gold Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post

Hi Normhart, I bought the three KPEV locomotives you mentioned and I need help.
    The BR 94 that are the ones that interested me I can not load them because they have an error .........

PFXEmitterTwinkles Spec :: Init> No attachment point specified ".

Yours are in the screenshots, didn't they have that error or did you fix it?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Regards, Javier

Quote Originally Posted by lrjanzen View Post
    Very interesting thread. It is interesting that the largest rail net in Europe at the time gets so little love. I am a history buff (aren't we all?). I have a particular fascination with WWI. I would think that those of use who are more operations minded would love to model some aspect of the mobilization in Germany/Prussia/Bavaria. During the opening week there were 40-50 car trains crossing the Rhine on the then new Remagen Bridge every 10 min! All against a minutely detailed plan. I have been unable to determine if the time tables for the Schlieffen plan are existent. The intellectuals on the German General Staff were in the railroad department. I have thought that the first two weeks in August 1914 in some place like Aachen or Metz might have been the greatest display of steam power every assembled. As an aside modeling a section of the front later in the war would make an interesting 2 or 3 board model. due to the static nature of the war, both sides laid down extensive temporary networks of rails to support the operations at the front. I have come across almost nothing about these operations other than just mentioning their existence.
    I really like the story.
    The origins of the WWI are most unfortunate.

As for the Schlieffen plan, as Von Moltke said ...
    No plan survives contact with the enemy

Regards

An explanation of the problem, and how to fix it is here (in german): https://www.trainz.de/forum/thread/3...=3786#post3786

Some of the SLW locomotives have the attachment points missing in some smoke containers. To fix it
    - open the config.txt of the locomotive
    - find the smoke container with the error
    - look at the previous smoke container for the name of the attachment point
    - increment the number of the attachment point by 1, and insert it in the faulty smoke container
    - save the modified config.txt, and submit the change
    example:
    - smoke7 is faulty
    - in smoke6 the attachment point is called a.smoke19
    - the attachment point for smoke7 should be a.smoke20

This did fix the smoke problem for all my SLW locomotives.

Peter

Beat me to it Peter,

For the KPEV locos I found that deleting the entire smoke17 and smoke29 sections worked.
    Dear Kentucky,
    With Love,
    California.

Quote Originally Posted by fant_autentico View Post
    Good morning Normhart.

There is a website with rolling stocks of the Kkstb or Austrian-Hungarian railways.
    Being from the same era I think they will serve you for the Prussian railways.

Regards, Javier

https://trainz.rubikovo.name/index.php?cat=0
    Thanks for that link Javier! All sorts of good stuff there.
    Dear Kentucky,
    With Love,
    California.

Deleting a smoke container usually disables all following smoke effect. The smoke effects must be numbered in an unbroken sequence.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by p-dehnert View Post
    Deleting a smoke container usually disables all following smoke effect. The smoke effects must be numbered in an unbroken sequence.

Peter
    I did not know that Peter, heavens know how many "fixed" locomotives I'm going to have to revisit. Thanks, I think.
    Dear Kentucky,
    With Love,
    California.

Thank you very much for the explanations, Peter and Normhart, every day I learn a new thing.
    I had to eliminate from smoke14 to smoke38 and .... eureka !, they work.

BR94 is one of the steam locomotives that I like best.
    Thanks again, colleagues.

Regards, Javier.