Prussian Railways

normhart

Trainz Entry Level
For no apparent reason I've been interested in the Prussian Railway since I started collecting Marklin Z gauge stuff some 40 years ago. I don't know much about it other than what I've read in Wikipedia. Once I got Trainz one of my projects was collecting any Prussian stuff I could find. Which wasn't much. :(

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Two (or three depending on how you count things) payware locomotives from the defunct steamlocomotiveworks, 4 passenger cars by fsp, and 4 freight wagons by killerkrabbe on the DLS.

I haven't found any routes that could be construed to be Prussian.

So, I was wondering if I've missed anything, any suggestions?

Norm, that's it!
I too have a liking for KPEV items, but, alas I think you have the lot there.
KPEV later became part of DRG (not the Denver one!) and you can find DRG assets which are KPEV items in later DRG colour schemes, coaches by the same author as yours have a Pr suffix, you might find the odd DRG loco that is ex-KPEV. Goods wagons in the G10 series are also available.

Loco
<kuid2:110115:38:4> DR BR38 P8
<kuid2:110115:1138:4> DR BR38 Tender

KPEV Type DR/DRG G10 Goods Wagons
<kuid2:88421:16216:3> DR G10(B) 1953
<kuid2:88421:16218:4> DR G10(B) Wernesgruener
<kuid2:88421:16212:4> DRG G10 Viehwagen
<kuid2:88421:16220:3> DRG G10 (B) Persil
<kuid2:88421:16213:4> DRG G10 Banane
<kuid2:88421:16214:4> DRG G10(B)
<kuid2:88421:16211:4> DRG G10(B) Kassel Hessencourrier

KPEV Type DRG Passenger Coaches
<kuid2:203201:41006:1> DRG C4 Pr
<kuid2:203201:41014:1> DRG BC4 Pr (RSV 1)
<kuid2:203201:41019:1> DRG BC4 Pr (RSV 2)
<kuid2:203201:41015:1> DRG C4 Pr (RSV 1)
<kuid2:203201:41016:1> DRG C4 Pr (RSV 1) o.BrH
<kuid2:203201:41009:1> DRG C4 Pr o.BrH
<kuid2:203201:41017:1> DRG C4 Pr (RSV 2)
<kuid2:203201:41018:1> DRG C4 Pr (RSV 2) o.BrH
<kuid2:203201:41012:1> DRG Post4 Pr

I hope that someone else can provide additional info for you.

Thanks for the response Graham!

I had the DR BR38 but I went ahead and got all your referenced rolling stock. Was there any interchange of rail cars between the German railroad and Polish railroads of the time with the Prussian railway do you think?

I found an old route <kuid2:203201:1000000:1> modellbahn wertesheim that looks like it might be close to the right era but it is missing a ton of assets and many are faulty.

:D

Hi Norm,
The first thing you need to know is.. what is Prussia?
It gets a bit complicated, here is a visual explainer of the country..

See what I mean about complicated? :)

Now you know a bit about Prussia you can now grasp the info from this article as to why DRG used KPEV stock..

http://www.gaugemaster.com/articles/guides/history-of-prussian-railways.html.

So the answer to your question is in the first paragraph of that article.

Around the period after the first world war you could find Polish (PKP), DRG and KPEV stock running together on the lines because most of it started as Prussian (and they all weren't repainted in a day :)! )

I'll see if I can weed out any more routes for you.

Edited to add...
Here are some Polish routes that might be worth a look at.
I haven't downloaded these so don't know what era they are aimed at but the authors are known to me, Kilanziom in particular.

<kuid:367236:200582> Luban Slaski - Zareba
<kuid:367236:200580> Mikulowa - Gieraltow Wykroty
<kuid:173943:2399> Projekt Sudety Jesien 76 PL
<kuid:173943:3393> Kolej Bystrzycka

This is another possibilty..
<kuid:602570:1660> Der Koniggratzer Route

Should keep you busy for an hour or two :)

Last edited:
LOL, thanks for the history lesson. I was stationed in Germany and should have remembered her history a little better. Based on those sources I guess I'll see what I can do in the 1918-1920's era.

Thanks for the route suggestions
<kuid:367236:200582> Luban Slaski - Zareba - too many missing assets and missing terrain
<kuid:367236:200580> Mikulowa - Gieraltow Wykroty - too many missing assets
<kuid:602570:1660> Der Koniggratzer Route - too old

I'll fool around with these two plus the Wertsheim route
<kuid:173943:2399> Projekt Sudety Jesien 76 PL - huge missing quite a few assets
<kuid:173943:3393> Kolej Bystrzycka - very nice only missing a few assets some terrain deformation. Edit; Interesting that while there was terrain deformation in TANE there wasn't any in TRS19.

Oddly all of these routes are missing tracks.
Should keep me busy for a year or two. :D

Last edited:
WOW, They are beautiful. I wish they were (steamlocomotiveworks.com) were still around, I would get that Prussian set. for sure.

This Route is a Diamond in the Rough..........

Thank you for the excellent commentary and write up on Prussian History and available Routes.......:cool:

I selected this one for TRS19 as recommended,,,,,,,,,

<kuid:173943:3393> Kolej Bystrzycka - very nice only missing a few assets some terrain deformation. Edit; Interesting that while there was terrain deformation in TANE there wasn't any in TRS19.

About 30 Assets or so missing, makes no difference to me, I can adjust and change what needs to be done,,,,,Route is a 10 in my Grade Scale......I am keeping it forever........Love the creativity, the size is perfect to merge with something else too if needed or wanted.........:udrool:

You all made my day........:wave:

WOW, They are beautiful. I wish they were (steamlocomotiveworks.com) were still around, I would get that Prussian set. for sure.

Your wish is nearly granted, some of his old stock is available again, not certain from the photos on the site if KPEV is included, maybe you could drop them an email? :)

http://steamlocomotiveworks.eu/

NOTE..DO NOT OPEN THE OLD ADDRESS (.com) IT HAS BEEN HACKED

edited to add, I wonder if his big surprise free gift is the KPEV stock?

Last edited:
Oh yes, Bavarian stuff would be very nice.

Kolej Bystrzycka is quite scenic. Especially given how old it is.

I had to download 2 or 3 GB of stuff in order to find all but one of the dependencies.

I bought them all, old and new when he was having his closing down or rather I think handing over to someone else sale back in January 2018, think they were somewhat cheaper though. Pretty sure that included a surprise as well, Possibly the contents of this? special_slw.rar, was a heck of a lot in it plus another rar inside it with even more.

The whole lot was in around 27 I think rar files each containing multiple cdps.

Your wish is nearly granted, some of his old stock is available again, not certain from the photos on the site if KPEV is included, maybe you could drop them an email? :)

http://steamlocomotiveworks.eu/

NOTE..DO NOT OPEN THE OLD ADDRESS (.com) IT HAS BEEN HACKED

edited to add, I wonder if his big surprise free gift is the KPEV stock?

So, if you spend 50 Euros you get

48 locomotives, Railroads include DR, DRB, and PKP. There is one set of narrow gauge locomotives included. :D

Does not include any KPEV rolling stock but does include one water column.

Edit: New offers now available.

Last edited:
I have all 300 models, I bought the last minute collective offer which included everything, old and new for 33 Euros. Hadn't got round to installing them in TRS19 so going to doing that now to see if there are any issues.

At the time it was too good a bargain to miss!

I do have, the KPEVs sorry guys ;o)

Edit: Ouch!

Got a an awful lot of errors in TRS19, mainly on the older stuff, missing attachment points not in the smoke entries, either don't exist or missed out in the configs, which have been obviously copied with the same errors, faulty interiors, as in a lever lever given a non existing attachment point, seems all easily fixable though.

Found one where the tfx files are missing!

Last edited:
That really was a bargain to good to miss! Yeah I had many with the missing attachment in the config and most of the tenders needed some TLC too, but still, even at a $1.25 per loco, a good deal.

I finally started updating Kolej Bystrzycka mainly concentrating on plants and cars at this point, some before and afters.

It has come to my attention that SLW has new offers available including the Prussian locomotives http://steamlocomotiveworks.eu/ Click on Special Offers on the right, find KPEV Pack.

I can't be sure this will work but it is worth a try.

Last edited:
Back