Camera Bug

jfike

On Trainz 2019, I notice the external camera view as it approaches a tunnel changes to a view from just above the locomotive (which is normal) but when it exits the tunnel, when it switches back to the external view, the camera is pitched down several degrees. Shouldn't it switch to the same pitch it was at before it entered the tunnel?

Last edited:
I just tested that with the External (or Chase) camera - key 2 - and could not replicate your results. It did not seem to matter how far back from the loco that the camera had been "pulled". I also repeated the test using the Lineside camera - key 3 - where there was no lineside camera placed so the view defaults to the external camera and again I could not replicate your results.

Does this occur on all locomotives and all tunnels, on all routes? Just trying to find a possible cause.

I found that the terrain above the outlet of the tunnel caused the camera to increase in height instead of switching back to the height/pitch when entering the tunnel. Decreasing the exit side terrain kept the camera pitch in a range where it showed the horizon.

Back