HP Trainz Marias Pass X in TRS19

normhart

Trainz Entry Level
I just imported Marias Pass X into TRS19 and other than a single yarnish error with one asset everything seems OK!

I've also imported all 7 HP Trainz sessions and all 22 hiawathamr sessions without serious problems (a few things need fixing but nothing major). I haven't had time to test all of them but the two I did check worked fine. :cool:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I loaded the route awhile ago. It doesn't look too bad considering the older assets. Maybe someday the guys will upgrade the route again.

I traveled out that way in July 2012 and recognized various landmarks right off the bat! Way cool!

The major problem with a quick upgrade is the conifers are large and in groups.

I found these st_rmm groups to replace some of the smaller trees in groups.

taned_046.jpg

Harold

wondering about others experiences trying Maris Pass X 4.5 in TRS19

I installed Marias Pass X 4.5 in TRS19 the other day and had the same experience in install success as normhart with only the one yarnish error.
Incredible ease of installation for content made for TS12/TS2 Mac! Thank you again josefpav and lotharhake for the wonderful route, locomotives and sessions!

Since installing, I have experienced a few oddities with the route and its assets while exploring and experimenting with Marias Pass X 4.5 and the sessions (so far just both passenger sessions and the base session).

Issues with HP Trainz locomotives: having tested Josefpav's F40PH Amtrak and BN GP38-2 for a few hours, so far in my experience the locomotives have issues operating normally at times, though not all the time.

These locomotives have among the best and most detailed cabs in Trainz (at least for US diesel locomotives) but at the moment there seem to be certain times/events in Trainz driving -- possibly due to track location (i.e. near an industry, signal or junction) -- where these locomotives will not run in either DCC or Cab mode: trying to adjust controls for either DCC or Cab mode in these situations results in the controls being reset (i.e. the control functions in both DCC and Cab mode resist being moved and reset to 0 on DCC and train brake employed, reverser to neutral and throttle at 0 in Cab mode). These locomotives can be run using the Drive command; it is possible to get these locomotives running using Drive command and then switch to DCC or Cab mode and then these locomotives run fine.

Please note that other than under certain circumstances -- again possibly due to track location (i.e. near an industry, signal or junction) -- these locomotives work perfectly fine/normally (as they did in TS2 Mac). Also please note I am basing my observations of the issues I have experienced with these locomotives on running the passenger sessions or the base session; the session or sessions may be part of or the source of the problems encountered with these locomotives.

<kuid2:46162:100008:3> Amtrak F40PH blue stripes HP
<kuid2:46162:50404:3> Amtrak F40PH 398
<kuid2:46162:1038210:10> BN GP38-2 09

I have not tested these locomotives outside of the base session built for Marias Pass X 4.5; my comments here only relate to tests performed in the base session. Additionally for what it is worth, with a little coaxing and very infrequent use of Drive command I was able to complete the passenger session from Whitefish to Shelby, although I am uncertain if there were any changes in the AI train traffic on the line as it has been several years since the last time I completed this session in TS2 Mac (perhaps I made up too much of the lost time in Whitefish with the refueling and sand load up). Still very cool and always fun!

Using surveyor in TRS19, when I try to edit/make my own session from the base session HP Trainz has included, TRS19 requires me to copy the route and base session: I am not permitted to modify the base session alone and must make a clone of route and base session. That was not the case in TS2 Mac where no route duplication was required if the base session was modified (if I recall the base session needed to be cloned if editing were performed but never the whole route as well).

I noticed that following my cloning of the route and session that one asset is always missing, somehow forced out as it were; the asset is one of the ET baum assets that became an Elm Tree and then a built in Elm Tree so that likely has something to do with this booted asset from surveyor based duplication of Marias Pass X 4.5 in TRS19.

I have not attempted to create my own session from the route without the base session.

I also noticed that in the route while using the base session (or the passenger sessions) that a least one segment of track around Essex was broken; track near the fuel and sand loading points/industry assets was broken.

I will point out that that was the only part or piece of track I found broken on a very large route not made for TRS19. Incredible considering the sheer amount of track, all the junctions and signals. A testament to solid engineering, excellent route building and a very well made product by HP Trainz!

Lastly, for what it is worth, I installed Marias Pass X 4.5 into TRS19 from the original/backup .cdps from HP Trainz; being practical about it I did not attempt using imported .cdps from TS2 Mac (never crossed my mind until right now); I tried to check some settings in TS2 Mac as I am typing here but TS2 Trainz/CM just decided to perform an EDBR even though I haven't installed anything new in TS2 Mac for many years (maybe TS2 Mac is getting testy about some of the other non HP Trainz content I have been exporting to .cdp for transfer to TRS19?).

Thank you for reading this post and thank you very much in advance for any observations, insights or thoughts you all may have!
Owen

Please note: I am not asking for HP Trainz, josefpav or lotharhake to update or fix anything; I am trying to determine what the issues may be with locomotive assets and route/session components from Marias Pass X 4.5 that work perfectly in TS12/TS2 Mac and yet have some problems working properly in TRS19, at least in my few hours of testing the HP Trainz content in TRS19.
I am trying to get myself :) and my TRS19 install into shape for proper Trainzing and beta testing and building sessions. I have attempted to provide a lot of detail here for the purpose of trying to explain what I have experienced and in hopes of getting detailed feedback and replies (if others have the interest and time to do so).

I, on the other hand, did not get it to install without some errors. The biggest problem is that there are NO TRACKS! I wonder (since I can't recall when I got the Marias X install) if it's because I'm installing from a .cdp?? Someone may refresh my memory...what it a .cdp install or was there an actual install executable?? If need be I'm sure I can find the executable if that's what it was. Thanks in advance.

I have the route and all original sessions installed in TRS19, but AI trains in the sessions won't work properly. In the CFAC sessions, the Amtrak train that passes the plant sits driverless in Columbia Falls, and called resource trains never spawn. In "Heavy Haul over Marias", the train I'm supposed to wait for in Whitefish sits driverless. In Amtrak 7, the train does spawn with a driver, but never moves. Does anyone know any fixes or workarounds? I've copied the confirmed working sessions and HTML's from TS12 but that didn't fix it. It was the same way in T:ANE.

Matt

Last edited:
Good to see others trying this and reporting experiences here
Thank you harpman and epa!

I installed in TRS19 from my original unzipped .cdp content files: about 20 or so total .cdps are in folders named Content 1_2_3_, Content 4_5_6_, Content 7_8_9_, Content 10_11_12_, and Content 13_ plus the Driver_Speed_Rule, Base_Heavy_haul_Amtrak_7_8 and MP_X_4_5.

Not a good work around but it has worked for the passengers sessions: add drivers as needed, issue some form of Drive command to AI drivers as needed

Also try to time assigning Drive command to AI drivers approximately when they should be triggered (but are not in TRS19); not easy to perform perfectly even if you have run and remember the "rhythm" and timing of these sessions but I have not had any issues as there are not too many of the AI driver trains to manage while running the session from player/engineer's perspective. Hope that makes sense. Please ask if any questions.

Have not tried with Heavy Haul over Marias; I believe that is a more complex/complicated session than the passenger sessions.
Have not tried the CFAC sessions either as that would also seem to be more complex than passengers sessions and possibly/probably more so than Heavy Haul over Marias as CFAC sessions with industry work and fulfillment of industry needs have time limit(s)/time crunch aspect(s).

Continuing to work over track and I have been adding mining industries around Essex :) after fixing only broken track found so far as described above.
Still having issue with every time I save the session or route, I have to save both (not allowed/permitted to modify original session or route; can modify both but must clone/duplicate and save new) and also continuing to experience one scenery asset getting booted -- or perhaps it is a failing of CM or in CM with regard to version history?

Also still amazed at how 99.9+% of the route components work in TRS19 so far!
All industries work perfectly and all junctions, signals, etc. Very cool!
Thank you again HP Trainz, josefpav and lotharhake!

I had Marias Pass in Trainz12, purchased from the german web site. It came as an exe file and was loaded into Trainz from it. I don't have a copy of 12, will the exe file just decompress into cdp's into a folder.
Thanks;

Rob

I had Marias Pass in Trainz12, purchased from the german web site. It came as an exe file and was loaded into Trainz from it. I don't have a copy of 12, will the exe file just decompress into cdp's into a folder.
Thanks;

Rob

Rob you can open it using WinZip or WinRAR.

The exe is a compressed self-extracting archive of the content. The installer then copied the assets into TS12 wherever your data folder was located. I was able to open up the exe in WinRAR and copy the contents - the CDPs - to a folder of my own. I then imported the a few at a time into T:ANE because that's what I was using at the time.

Marias Pass X4.5 loads into TANE okay but the sessions do not work because the unportals do not function in the same way as TS12 SP1.

Ken

I'd hate to bump this thread, but I was finally able to solve the traffic issue! Somehow when I installed it into T:ANE (then copied it to TRS19), the Unportal Script got left behind. The Unportal Script is what spawns the AI trains.

Here's how I fixed it:

I opened the self-extracting EXE in WinRAR to gain access to the individual CDPs, and installed "ascript_400260.cdp" This installed multiple scripts I was missing into the game, including the HP Unportal Script. To test it out, I loaded up one of the CFAC sessions and drove one of my engines into the "Call Alumina" marker - and inadvertently drove it off the end of the track. I flew over to Columbia Falls, and sure enough, a train appeared out of thin air! Installing the scripts also fixed the custom HUD.

So those of you that are having trouble with the AI traffic in T:ANE and TRS19, ensure the unportal script is installed.

Matt

Last edited:
I opened the self-extracting EXE in WinRAR to gain access to the individual CDPs, and installed "ascript_400260.cdp"/QUOTE]

Do you know the KUIDs that are contained in that CDP? I ask because my unpacked Marias Pass X v4.5 download does not contain that CDP (at least not separately).

Thanks,
Diego

I'd hate to bump this thread, but I was finally able to solve the traffic issue! Somehow when I installed it into T:ANE (then copied it to TRS19), the Unportal Script got left behind. The Unportal Script is what spawns the AI trains.

Here's how I fixed it:

I opened the self-extracting EXE in WinRAR to gain access to the individual CDPs, and installed "ascript_400260.cdp" This installed multiple scripts I was missing into the game, including the HP Unportal Script. To test it out, I loaded up one of the CFAC sessions and drove one of my engines into the "Call Alumina" marker - and inadvertently drove it off the end of the track. I flew over to Columbia Falls, and sure enough, a train appeared out of thin air! Installing the scripts also fixed the custom HUD.

So those of you that are having trouble with the AI traffic in T:ANE and TRS19, ensure the unportal script is installed.

Matt

Thankyou MAtt, I will have a crack at T:ANE with this. This is my favourite route.

The major problem with a quick upgrade is the conifers are large and in groups.

I found these st_rmm groups to replace some of the smaller trees in groups.

Harold
I remember in TS12 most of the skins of those containers would revert to one skin when loaded in the game
It's a miracle they managed to fix that in TRS19

Here's how I fixed it:

Matt

I opened the install file from the MPX45 file with 7-zip but the script file does not show instead my files are all numbered.
Could you let me have more info.

Thanks

Ken

Back