Stoak the coal! THE BIG BOY RIDES THE RAILS AGAIN: May 4th 2019, Cheyenne, Wyo, USA

TINE

Coal Smoker
Stoke the coal! THE BIG BOY RIDES THE RAILS AGAIN: May 4th 2019, Cheyenne, Wyo, USA

I do not know anything about details, (like will it run entirely on its own power, or pushed by diesel, will there be access to engine, etc)

The Great Race to Ogden – No. 4014

https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/schedule/index.htm

https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/index.htm

https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/4014/index.htm

Big Boy No. 4014 will leave Cheyenne May 4 following a 9:30 a.m. MT christening ceremony at the historic Cheyenne Depot and arrive in Ogden for the May 9 celebratory event culminating in the Big Boy joining with The Living Legend No. 844. The celebratory event will be streamed live May 9 at 10:30 a.m. MT via the Union Pacific Facebook page.
The Big Boy will make several brief stops in communities on its way to Ogden.
Saturday, May 4
Christening
Depart
9:30 a.m. MT
10:00 a.m. MT
Cheyenne, Wyo.
Cheyenne Depot Museum
121 W. 15th Street
Arrival
Depart
11:15 a.m. MT
11:30 a.m. MT
Harriman, Wyo.
County Road 102 Crossing
Arrival
Depart
12:30 p.m. MT
1:15 p.m. MT
Laramie, Wyo.
Laramie Historic Railroad Depot
E. Kearney and S. 1st St.
Arrival
Depart
2:30 p.m. MT
3:15 p.m. MT
Medicine Bow, Wyo.
Hwy. 30 at Medicine Bow-McFadden Rd.
Arrival4:45 p.m. MTRawlins, Wyo.
East Railroad St & Higley Blvd.
Sunday, May 5
Depart8:00 a.m. MTRawlins, Wyo.
East Railroad St & Higley Blvd.
Arrival
Depart
9:15 a.m. MT
Wamsutter, Wyo.
Near Water Tower
Broadway Street
Arrival11:15 a.m. MTRock Springs, Wyo.
501 N. Front St
Monday, May 6
Depart4:00 a.m. MTRock Springs, Wyo.
501 N. Front St
Arrival
Depart
4:55 a.m. MT
5:10 a.m. MT
Green River, Wyo.
Depot
200 E. Railroad Ave
Arrival
Depart
6:15 a.m. MT
7:00 a.m. MT
Granger, Wyo.
Main Street crossing
Arrival8:45 a.m. MTEvanston, Wyo.
1500 Main St.
Tuesday, May 7
No Public DisplayEvanston, Wyo.
1500 Main St.
Wednesday, May 8
Depart8:00 a.m. MTEvanston, Wyo.
1500 Main St.
Arrival
Depart
9:30 a.m. MT
9:45 a.m. MT
Echo, Utah
Echo Road Crossing
Arrival
Depart
10:15 a.m. MT
Morgan, Utah
Morgan Depot
98 Commercial Street
Arrival10:50 a.m. MTOgden, Utah
No Public Access
Thursday, May 9
Celebratory Event10:30 a.m. MTOgden, Utah
Ogden Union Station
2501 Wall Ave.

View Larger

img_up_january_steam_update.jpg

d1xnwdm-9e20846b-cfa6-4362-bcb3-6f739cd2d2f5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this schedule! I wonder where the best views will be. I bet every crossing is going to be crowded with people!.

Thank you sir....In one of the pictures, I can't believe how many Rivets this Big Boy has holding all the plates together....That is some serious Rosie the Riveter Item.........

it is rather: "Stoke" the coal

stoke
/stōk/
verb
verb: stoke; 3rd person present: stokes; past tense: stoked; past participle: stoked; gerund or present participle: stoking

• add coal or other solid fuel to (a fire, furnace, boiler, etc.).
    synonyms:add fuel to, mend, keep burning, tend, fuel "Dad returned to his chair while I stoked the fire"

• encourage or incite (a strong emotion or tendency).
      "his composure had the effect of stoking her anger"

• informal
      consume a large quantity of food or drink to give one energy.
      "Carol was at the coffee machine, stoking up for the day"

Just a simple spelling error, not misunderstanding, no need to quote the entire meaning, a simple you spelt it wrong, would have been fine, thanks anyway.
Its been (NOT) corrected. This forum doesn't let you change the initial thread title, it also doesn't have strike through either...
(no thanks to the forums auto-corrector) :sleep: Im usually good with speeeeelling, oh well, can't win all the time.

I even thought about omitting that, because this refurbished big boy, runs on oil.

Stoke the oil just doesn't seem to do it...

The thread apparently keeps the bad spelling, oh well, its permanent.

So i guess we could go with stoak, since it runs on oil, putting coal into the firebox would be bad.

stoak

Verb (third-person singular simple present stoaks, present participle stoaking, simple past and past participle stoaked)

• (nautical) To stop; to choke.The pump is stoaked.

So yea, stoak the coal, and shovel that crap outta the firebox, this girl runs on oil.

Last edited:
VIEW BIG BOY ON LIVE CAM
I received the following in an email... Big Boy #4014 will be on Virtual Railfan's Laramie camera.

Living Legend #844 and the recently restored Big Boy #4014 will be stopping in front of our Laramie, Wyoming cameras this Saturday, May 4! 12:30 pm MT, 2:30 pm EDT. We'll be able to catch them again for an even longer stay on their way back from Ogden in a couple of weeks. Laramie is up and running for this historic moment!
Virtual Railfan's Laramie, Wyoming cameras: https://youtu.be/7eTvnHMJnI4

Big Boy 4014 Largest Steam Locomotive in the World Runs Again

History has been made! Also, remember to check out Virtual Railfan's Laramie, Wyoming webcam on their YouTube Channel tomorrow, May 4th between 12:30PM Mountain Time and 1:15PM Mountain Time and from Friday, May 17th, beginning at 12:45PM Mountain Time, to Sunday, May 19th, ending at 8:00AM Mountain Time, as Big Boy 4014 will be in view of Virtual Railfan's webcam.

Link to Virtual Railfan's Laramie, Wyoming webcam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eTvnHMJnI4

I'm watching this right now in another window:

...And I'm wondering why all the Big Boys I could find in the Content Manager are such low quality???

Does anyone know if there's a high quality one out there somewhere? (I'd even buy payware if needed, just so long as it looks good!)

Back